1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING: Yao has stress fracture in left ankle (related to previous injury)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Btop

Btop Member

This is a sad day for Rockets fans and probably the saddest day for Yao. we Love you Big Fella get well soon. your Health is more important than any game.

2. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Yao at his peak was only good enough to lead the Rockets to a Western Conference Finals appearance IMO. Time to move on and rebuild.

3. Entropy

Entropy Member

Portland fans would disagree.

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up. That is the info in the press release though ... I didn't make that connection myself. I assume Rockets doctors have concluded this injury is related or somehow tied to the other injury that had Yao out for 18 months or so.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's over guys. I, for one, welcome the post-Yao era with open arms. Let's see what our guys can do now.

6. gotsis

gotsis Member

Well this sucks...

and the worse part, it seems very strange the way it happened.....could the medical staff have screwed up again?

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

what are you talking about? Battier has been healthy for the most part except for one injury and it's rehab. Brooks had an accident. Ariza had a typical basketball injury suffered in a collision and once he healed he was fine. Being on another team hasnt healed him further.

8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Since February 26, 2008 the Rockets knew they should have started looking for a new center, but yet they haven't and they still won't. :(

9. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Clutch, was it just an average test (on schedule) or he felt the pain and they do it?

10. engr chris

engr chris Member

Someone has to post the scola "he's fine" photo. lol

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

whatever they are doing its a failure and no real argument against that for Tmac and Yaos career. End of/ Yaos career and Tmacs.

12. Classic

Classic Member

I think that whole playing for the Chinese olympic team doomed him. Recall how he just blasted through Rehab to make the games? Not saying he shouldn't have (well on second thought) but i'm sure rushing back from the injury did not do any help for him in the long term. Seems like what is going to happen to Roy as well.

Too bad but it's time to move on. Yao has a great life to look forward to after basketball. We fans need to look forward to rebuilding as well.

13. marky :)

marky :) Member

How have they mishandled Yao's injury? They took him out of the playoffs, let him rest for a year to heal, gave him a 24min limit, etc... Tmac mishandled his own injury situation. I didn't know the training staff could prevent Brooks from stepping on Ginobli's ankle?

14. gotsis

gotsis Member

The issue is, rehab shoud never cause a STRESS fracture...never.

15. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

larsv8, you jumped down my throat about my comment saying that we were on the verge of rebuilding. You were right to do this.. because now we ARE rebuilding.

:(

I disagree, but there's no point in having this discussion anymore. Just a sad day.

16. Classic

Classic Member

Indeed.

17. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

At this time I'd like to remind everyone that years ago, I said that the number one priority was to trade Yao Ming even if only for 50 cents on the dollar because he would never be a key piece of a championship team. Because my wise advice was ignored, the franchise is now in ruins, with several years already wasted and no ready path to contention in the near future. As I have said many times, the penny-wise but pound-foolish Daryl Morey is not equipped to be a GM and should instead be demoted to talent scout. Making a few marginal upgrades through trades and drafting decent roleplayers with low picks doesn't make up for mismanaging franchise players and not having the balls to make blockbuster trades.

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Did they mishandle Yao and Tmac injuries and cause them times where they even reinjure themselves in rehab itself or their playing plans? Ok well they messed up pretty much two franchise players within the rehab part of recovery already.

19. Felece

Felece Member

I feel so frustrated for this...

Yao wanted to play so badly yet somehow he ends up with another injury.

Hopefully he can still make a comeback of some sort, but I dont think he will ever be something more than a role player if he does ever come back...

20. marky :)

marky :) Member

My head exploded reading this.