1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING: Yao has stress fracture in left ankle (related to previous injury)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 16, 2010.

1. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Maybe it's also a good time to shake up Rockets' medical staff for their incompetency?

2. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I'm not convinced that he's done.

But I love Yao so there's every chance that this is just wishful thinking on my part.

3. hatchbackala

hatchbackala Member

check out a thread from about 12:30 today.. :cool:

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

This sucks. I really wanted to trade him as soon as he was healthy for anything. A bag of peanuts would be nice. Now we got this 17 million dollars expiring at the end of this season now though. So who is a free agent?

5. supdudes

supdudes Member

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! #$ER#$ER#$R#EFF##*(&$#(&$#&*!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

6. mig0s

mig0s Member

That's a little dumb kid's opinion. If you actually watched him couple years ago, every time Yao faces Dwight, Yao absolutely dominated Dwight.

1 person likes this.
  7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Really too bad. :(

When I first saw this thread I was shocked. But sadly, a minute later I realized that I should have seen this coming.

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

So, Dwight is consistent, not injury prone and is the best defensive player in the league. Go to yaomania and cry over their.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yao was never fully back and the foot was never fully healed.

10. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

for all those people who said they seen this coming, and we should have traded him when we could, need to realize all he has done for the franchise. He gave us good years even though it wouldnt be as much as we wanted still, he is one of those athletes that tried to do whatever he could to try and get back on the court. I wish Yao the best and i hope that he still has a future with the rockets, whether it be coach or player.

11. Classic

Classic Member

Oh, okay. Because that matters here and now?

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Why, McGrady Injury was never the teams fault and Yao's is also as a result of his size which continues to put huge stress on his joints.

13. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Thats a losing sad sap mentality. Needed to move on and make this team better. The sad saps arent winning us any games or moral victories with that mentality. All it is doing is piling up the losses and lediocrity with that type of sentimental stuff. Lakers dont run their ship that way, Celtics, and Bulls. Time to move on instead of carrying our crutches every year to make excuses for ourselves.

14. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Please let this be true.

15. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Knowing Yao, I think he'll have more pins in his bones and try to play again... one day. Dude has so (too) much pride to call it quits. Besides, even with obvious discomfort and weakness in his leg and foot, he was begging to get on the court again just before this news was leaked.

Whether he retires now, or years later, with this team or another team, Yao is a Rocket 4 Life. Respect.

16. tutu_boston

tutu_boston Member

damn! it's a sad sad day!

17. ACL1

ACL1 Member

will all due respect, I am a foot and ankle specailist and can tell you that the navicular bone is not close to the medial malleolus and the injuries can not be related.

18. Seth

Seth Member

And that´s why we all cried a lot when Brad Miller was signed instead of a real defensive center.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Right, but only because Yao can't get on the court at ALL. Skill-wise, Howard can't hold Yao's jock.

20. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

are we going to get the same exception the heat and i forgot who else for their injured player?