1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING: Yao has stress fracture in left ankle (related to previous injury)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Entropy

Entropy Member

It was a bad idea for Yao to make his reappearance in the 1st game of the season against the Lakers in LA this year. In the SAME place and against the SAME team he got injured against.

Injury jinx, not a surprise.

2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

takes 2 to tango and Memphis won't tango with Marc, they are going to keep him and thabeet is the one that is available.

3. IceMan

IceMan Member

Yao needs to consult other doctors, not just what the Rockets hand him.

4. rox81

rox81 Member

I mourned Yao's permanent loss last season. Today isn't the sad day. We knew this was coming a long time ago.

And personally, who gives two *****s whether Yao is a classy player and professional? All I care about is titles! I'd rather have rapist Kobe leading the Rox to a title than choir boy Chairman Yao leading us to Nowheresville.

It was a nice 2% bonus that Hakeem was a pretty nice guy, but I'd have been more thrilled had he been a punk who led us to 10 straight championships.

It's not like these people are dating my daughter. How classy they are is irrelevant. Gimme championships, baby! And people like DD can worry about "class". The nerve.

5. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

So Yao goes down again for who knows how long. Are we not used to this already? Unfortunately we should be.
    Yao is a model citizen and great player. I wish him the best in his ventures, but I think it is time to say goodbye. I recall a couple of years ago when he went down for the season, and we ripped off 22 wins. Yes we had a guy by the name of TMac to help us, but who else? Probably a worst group of guys than what we have right now.
    All I'm saying is that this team is capable of going on long winning streaks, but the problem to me is the coach, not the players. Once Brooks comes back, and we manage to put TWill into the rotation, we can win some consistent ball games.
    Do we need to make a trade? No, but if we can make one and bring in an allstar like Melo without giving up the core guys, of course you do it. My problem with RA, is that he doesn't have a good set of rotation guys. Here is how I see the team as starters and bench guys.
    Starting: K Lowry, K Martin, Shane, Luis, J. Hill
    Bench: Lee, Hayes, Ish until brooks is back, Twill/budinger Brad.
    The problem with Rick is that he doesn't stick with the hot guys, it's like having 2 teams out there, the starters get the lead and the bench guys lose it, or vice versa.. he needs to keep who's hot in the game. Just my thoughts.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Dalembert may be the only realistic option. Magic dont have a reason to give up gortat. Dalembert is older than the King's core and they gain more in expiring with Yao's salary.

7. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

With all apologies to T.S. Eliot:

"This is the way the Ming Yao era ends,

This is the way the Ming Yao era ends,

This is the way the Ming Yao era ends,

Not with a BANG, but a whimper..

And my apologies to the Bard:

"For God's sake let us sit upon the ground
    And tell sad stories of the death of kings:
    How some have been deposed, some slain in war,
    Some haunted by the ghosts they have deposed,
    Some poisoned by their wives, some sleeping killed,
    All murdered -- for within the hollow crown
    That rounds the mortal temples of a king
    Keeps Death his court"

--Richard II Act Three, Scene Two

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why are people rating this thread (negatively)?

This is breaking news, and it's not like you guys can get the scoop as fast as Clutch.

Thanks Clutch, I know this is bad news, but as usual, Clutch fans always gets the news first.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i'm not sure why we assume the rockets' doctors live in a bubble, isolated from all other health professionals and just do things their own way using only their own knowledge, all the time. I'm pretty sure they're making calls, reading journals, and studying past similar cases. They're handling a franchise player here, why would they not try their best?

10. ashiin

ashiin Member

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

NSFW!!!!!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dsx2vdn7gpY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dsx2vdn7gpY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  12. BugOnAHarley

BugOnAHarley Contributing Member

Sounds like the writing is on "The Wall". :(

Best of luck to Yao. I believe it is time to move on to the next part of his life.

13. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

i just saw it on ESPN....Thank yao, it was great having you!

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

isn't dalembert an expiring also? Why would the Kings want Yao's expiring contract over Dalembert's?

15. Landlord Landry

there is truth to this.

but I think what gets to me is that you can tell Yao wants to be out there and playing for titles, his body just keeps failing him. It's like that bad dream you can't wake up from.

I dont feel extremely bad for anyone who has Yao Ming type money and is an icon in his home country, but he has always been a really nice humble guy. I'd much rather this happen to Kobe than Yao.

16. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

It is a sad day...it's only going downhill from here...he can't stay healthy which only means the team needs to start looking at going another direction.

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I would get thabeet and randolph and move on. Win as much as you can,play the young guys as much as you can.

18. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

ya so j hill can get some more poster practice

19. MD_in_Training

Probably better off just tanking.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

yup! that's exactly what we should do. get some young players with high upside and look to improve thru the draft.