1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Dec 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

WE STILL LOVE YOU YAO!!!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f9EiQIUYXeo" frameborder="0"></iframe>

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

And yet, with all your infinite wisdom, you keep talking to me. :confused: Must be interesting after all. ;)

3. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

There is a difference between talking to you and telling you to **** off.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If you really want to get to him tell him you're a Muslim ;)

BTW, you're last 5 posts make you sound like a real douche bag.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes, you are right. Yao, i am sorry you had such a rough NBA career. We have had a lot of good times with you on the team. You are a classy guy and i wish you well in your retirement. Good luck sir.
    Thank you Durvasa.

6. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

It's not all about you, buddy.

Please go away.

7. sew

sew Member

coach is feasting off of our replies.

classic troll.

ignore button is the key.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lol, that wasn't my intention.

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Two things stand out in my mind about Yao and his time with the Rockets.

1. Working at my dads store 10 years ago in April when Stern announced at the lottery that the Rockets had the number one pick. I was screaming like a little girl in a candy store knowing that we were going to draft Yao freakin Ming! Customers were looking at me like I was straight loco.

2. Driving around at work in downtown two years ago after defeating the Fakers in game four. Friend texted me that Yao was out for the year. Could not believe it and could not believe that another post season has gone down the drain. The rest of the day I just felt like I was in a dream of some sort.

Yao was never a super star, Yao was not even a deserving all star most of the time. But I will always be glad that Yao was a Rocket, cause nobody can ever say that he did not try his best every single time on the court. He will always be a Rocket.

10. lz56

lz56 Member

Yao get me into basketball. now i am playing 5 hour every week in the park. so sad to see this kind of ending of his era.

11. conquistador#11

"To the tune of THE LOX"
    We'll always love Big Yao. =)

And I wish Radio and media people could stop talking about how he needed to go away. Have some freaking respect and appreciate his committment and the love he had for the game. We're in an era where athletes can be total Dbags, this guy was a class act. The rockets should find him a position, maybe heading the ministry of all red rising propaganda, sending him on trips across the globe to recruit and spread the word.

The good news.. it's no longer a league suited for big men.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

One of the hardest working players I have ever cheered for, a great guy on and off the court and an awesome teamate.

Super skilled, and when healthy, a beast.

I hope he remains tied to the organization somehow.

DD

1 person likes this.
  13. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Hoping for the best for you. You were a class act player, role model and world talent! I was always a Rockets fan but Greats like you and Hakeem and McGrady made me an especially passionate Rockets fan! Please be able to come back!

14. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

wish him a quick recovery, but if this is it, i say we start playing J'Hill 30+ mpg and i'm sure he's a 20/10 type of player.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Great thread.

Yao, your are (were?) a great teammate, when at your best definitely a dominant center, hard-working, respectful, a pleasure to watch and will go down as a Rockets legend, despite your shortcomings.

In the pantheon of Rockets greatness, you are (were?) probably the greatest Rocket of the last decade; in truth, that's unfortunately not saying much, but while you probably frustrated many, you were respected by all Houston fans.

You can't be faulted for being you. 6 inches shorter and how many MVP's would you have already?

Thanks for the memories.

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Good guys don't win games (otherwise Rockets would be at the top of the league) and fans don't go to games to sip tea and talk about how nice Yao or Shane are; they go to games to drink beer and get rowdy and watch our team beat the other team. If Yao cannot help out the team, he needs to go. I don't care how nice or classy of a guy he is off the court. The only thing that matters is how he performs ON the court.

17. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pk0MPyiJBbc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pk0MPyiJBbc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#77 ClutchCityReturns, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  18. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

It was great watching him grow from a timid kid to an immovable force in the paint. He carried a big weight on his shoulders between this city and the Chinese National Team and he never shied away from it. He took on the challenges with class and hard work and it manifested itself in the short time he played. We couldn't have ask for more from an athlete or an ambassador to out fair city.

19. gah

gah Member

My wish is to not believe Yao is done, with only what is known we still can’t jump to conclusions regarding his career, hopefully he can make it out of this one. My biggest hope would be that he can come back and enjoy being a dominant center once again, even if it has to come as a most pleasant surprise and not something we should place expectations on.

To me, Yao will always be a role model and someone to look up to, get well big man!

20. mig0s

mig0s Member

Yao is what, 30? Let him rehab for 2 years and sign him for the minimum. When he'll be 32, he'll come back playing 20min/game as a back up center. Isn't it that hard?