1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WWE

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Refman, Aug 11, 2002.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I don't know, ever since I've watched, Flair has always been the man in wcw. Jericho had success written all over him. Lots of charisma, but he's kind of annoying.

I appreciate the push for Bubba, but it seems forced. He's a good wrestler, but the crowd was dead (on tv anyway) during their match.

2. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

The problem with Bubba is the way he is packaged. I like the Dudley look for him (the glasses and attitude). But it seems they are trying to package him as the next Dusty Rhodes. He isn't Dusty. He is Bubba. They need to put him in better ring attire to accent the Dudley look. JMHO.

3. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I agree Bubba is a hard worker, both in and out of the ring, but I'm still not sure if a new look would be enough to let people consider him top tier. Really, I wonder if the pop he gets is directed at his character as a wrestler on the whole, or if it reaches the levels it does because the fans like to see people go through tables. :D

4. Refman

It's all part of his character. He is part WWE and part ECW. This is a combo that could spell charisma and talent enough for management to put the strap on him in the future. He needs a SLIGHTLY modified look to be credible with the fans. IMO the road agents and the office have done him a disservice in the way he is packaged.

5. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I like Bubba as a mid-carder, maybe even competing for lesser titles. He should have a role similar to what Booker and Kane do now(as far as who they wrestle and interact with). Definitely not main-event material.

One thing freaky about Bubba tho, his legs and arms have gotten real skinny. :eek:

If he's trying to lose weight he needs to be doing weight training too.

I thought Monday's show ended up being solid, but not spectacular. It started out with a whimper, but improved later.

6. german rocketfan

Hi!

i watched wrestling (wcw) from 98 to 01 and i was a very big fan of it.I watched every Nitro,Thunder,Saturday Night and even Worldwide!Now german tv doesn't show that much of WWE!They show us once a week Heat and The Bottom Line or something like that and i don't think its that entertaining then the nWo days!I would like to see more of the old WCW midcarders!!!!!!!like Blitzkrieg,LaParka,Elix Skipper,Disco Inferno.......!I will turn my attention to WWE when our Pay Per View Channel is showing Raw and Smackdown in November and i hope i will be interesting in watching wrestling again.

GRF

7. Refman

My understanding is that the German cable outlets didn't pay WWE for the programming so they turned it off. If you complain loud enough then maybe they'll give you the wrestling.

8. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Blitzkrieg, man what an athlete. He made Mysterio Jr. look like Jerry Krause.

9. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Bring back Das Wunderkind. That guy could dance.

10. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Also, any idea how they're going to bring Nash back into the storylines? Allegedly he was in line for a MONSTER push the night he went down but then they completely did away with the nWo.

Nash appears to be without a gimmick now.

I would've loved to see HHH reject the nWo's membership offer because of his being punished for the Curtain Call while Nash & Hall went on to fame and fortune. But alas...

11. Refman

There are many ways that they could work Nash's return, which looks to be a lot sooner than first expected. I read that Nash may be cleared before the end of the year. He'd go to OVW for a few weeks to work off ring rust and then he'd be brought back into the storylines. It would be cool to see him redebut a revised nWo with Bischoff. Or he could reform it against Eric's wishes. They could use HBK in it and couple it along with the debut of Scott Steiner...which appears to be likely.

12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Ok, Im pissed, they are having one of the best Raws ever, a week AFTER i went. Oh well. For real, i swear, this is a pay per view. So far, its been great, hell the first hour was better than last week. They even had the GODFATHER and the HOOOOOOOEEEESSS! :)

13. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Ok, I know wrestling is sort of the equal to a man's soap oprea, but wasn't the end of RAW just a bit too much like one? Seemed a bit weird...and kind of stupid. If I wanted to hear that, I'd watch the soap channel.

14. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Yea, i thought so. But then again, its a cliffhanger for people to watch next week. Then again, thats how soap operas do sound. :confused:

15. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I felt the same way. What an awesome ending....until the little 'cliffhanger'. To me it just ruined the whole feeling of a heck of a match.

16. RC Cola

Speaking of which, the Trish Stratus thing was similar to a soap oprea, in a way. Wonder what next week will be like. Or maybe they'll continue the trend Thursday. :confused:

17. Refman

It was a wierd way to end RAW...but it's setting up another part of the Kane-HHH angle. They have to be very careful with it...it'll either be a great storyline or one of the worst in recent memory...no in between.

18. RC Cola

The Kane thing was kind of weird but ok I guess. I was guessing it would be some sort of accident like that, though.

BTW, in this women's tag match, just about every woman wrestler is in the ring right now, I realized. Only other woman I could think of were the TE2 girls and Torri, but they don't really wrestler. (and terri and Lita don't as well.)

19. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I saw Stacy Keibler reffing a match.

:eek: :(

20. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Kane's murder angle is the funniest ever. I hope they run with it.

What's with all the Owen/Bret Hart talk and footage tonight?! Is it just to milk the Canadian audience?

Anybody else shocked that they acknowledged Austin on the IC video? It was actually positive, too. I thought that they were gonna bury him. Maybe there's hope for a return afterall...