1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ex-Steelers Coach Cowher 'open' to a return to the field

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ghettocheeze, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landlord Landry

I would love to have Kubiak on the Chiefs. as a QB coach.

2. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

That 15 year nonsense is completely on you. I never brought that up. It was in response to your logic that we should give Kubiak another 10 years to see what happens. While numerous posters here have pointed out the short-term comparison of the first 5 seasons where Cowher consistently made the playoffs while Kubiak has utterly failed to do so. Therefore, if you want a fair comparison then that is what is available. Beyond that anything is just your own inability to do logical reasoning.

Cowher had a winning season and made the playoffs in each of his first 5 years at Pittsburg and even made the Super bowl during that stretch. What the hell has Kubiak during the first 5 years of his tenure in Houston?

3. msn

msn Member

weaksauce.

4. MYLEVL

MYLEVL Member

Omg. Cowher to the texans? Someone give me some tissue

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I imagine if Cowher did come to coach, there'd be millions of Houstonians needing 10 minutes to themselves.
    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YSGpoZzrWYQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YSGpoZzrWYQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

6. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Lol, no you're still off. You've made the same argument over and over and it's been flawed every time you've made it.

7. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Damn. Ol' foot fungus was a pretty good coach back in the day.

8. Remix

Remix Member

Cowher picked the Texans over the Ravens as his upset pick of the week. hmmmm...

9. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

This is news to you?

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I bet if Shula retires after '85 or even '90, both he and Marino would have slightly better legacies. But you could probably say the same thing about Chuck Knoll or Landry. Seifert ranked higher than Walsh, I'd say that's ironic.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Walsh took over a 2-14 team while Seifert inherited a Superbowl winning team with two Hall of Fame quarterbacks. Walsh is a god among coaches right under Lombardi.

12. delishman

delishman Member

I don't spend a lot of time in here but.. Landlord give it up... This is painful.

I am a Steeler fan. It was disappointing we didn't win a superbowl earlier with Cowher but at least we were in a position to be disappointed, as in we were so close for so long. Trust me, this is infinitely better than being irrelevant (Never making the playoffs). You seem to be arguing more for Cowher's legacy as an all-time-great coach than his legitimacy as a head coach of the Texans.You seem to be insinuating that he is a bad value//not good enough for the Texans?? Yall's franchise record for a season is 9-7. If Cowher wants to take on the challenge of turning the team around than you welcome him with open arms. I was never really a big Bill "Coward" fan but its impossible to deny that he would be anything other than a great option for the Texans.

How can you care about a coach's salary? Are you in the will of Bob McNair? You are just creating reasons..

Go Texans!! Beat the Ravens! :cool:

1 person likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Besides. We can consider the Steeler years . . . the learning years.
    won't have to suffer through those again
    :D

Rocket River

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

As the article will mention, Cowher never a real candidate for the job but...Cowher to the Cowboys - appears its not happening.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/12/cowher-not-a-candidate-for-the-cowboys/

15. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

161-99 looks like a lot of fun to me. Having a winning record every year sounds like a lot of fun. Having something that passes as competent coaching sounds like a lot of fun. I think Kubiak is a great guy, but he has failed as a head coach.

16. KPG

KPG Member

I cant think of a coach I would want for the Texans more than Bill execpt Lombardi

17. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

I agree that he has failed in houston. but i also agree with landlord landry that kubiak may be better if he has more years coaching. experience counts for a lot and the houston coaching staff right now has very little of it. I wish kubiak well but the Texans have to move on.

THe cowboys earlier this season were what 1-7 but they were a couple of plays from being 4-3. That didnt stop jerry jones from firing the coach. the texans are just as close to being 7-5 to being 2-10. McNair needs to do something.

Almost every team can say they were a play or two from being in the playoffs. example last year, they missed the playoffs by one game. could not convert at the goal line in couple of games during the fourth quarter. they convert one of those times and we're in the playoffs!

Any wins from now to the end of the season count for nothing. espcially if we get to 9-7 and cant make the playoffs just like last year. We need change. 5 years is enough time and there has been very little progress.

18. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

The truth is Cowher is not coming here until his kids finish school he would only take the job in Carlina. Trust me we don't wan't Gruden here we would wreck the team in 2 years. Dungy is not interested in coaching. Also Kubiak will save his job by winning last 3 games. We are doomed for at minmunum 1 more year of Kubiak.

19. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Peyton Manning: 13 years, 1 Superbowl Ring

He must be overrated, right? He's mediocre at best! ANYBODY can win ONE FREAKIN' RING in 13 whole years!!! Right???? By your logic, we should have kept David Carr around for another decade or so...gotta give the guy a chance!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Who cares if he went to the playoffs nearly every year...that "gets boring" after a while. /s

20. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Matt Schaub is looking good. I can see why you think he's a franchise QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.