1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stevie's shoes: Here we go again?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moomoo, Oct 4, 2002.

1. moomoo

moomoo Member

A recent thread asked about Stevie's new shoes. Unfortunately, questions about Stevie's shoes are nothing new.

I assume that Steve is gonna wear some version of the Rbk ATR's this year, and if so then I think this is really, really sad. Actually, it pisses me off, as it should every Rockets fan.

Here we go again?

In any case, all this assumes that Steve will in fact be wearing these shoes or a variation there of this upcoming season.

If anyone has any good news to the contrary, then please by all means let the rest of know so we can rest a little easier.

If it is true that these are the shoes that he'll be wearing, what do think the chances are that he would heed the outcry from an internet bbs? I'd say slim to none...:mad:

Dump Reebok, Steve.

2. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

man he needs a deal with nike badly, reebox has made him bad shoes

3. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

I prefer adidas myself

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I don't know, but this guy who does the reviews must have the most sensative feet in the world. Every time he does a review he talks about the excrutiating pain shoes cause him. I'm wearing a pair of timberands right now and I could go a game of b-ball without coming close to the pain this guy talks about. They're shoes, jesus christ.

5. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I would be shocked if the Rockets' doctors hadn't approved Steve's shoes because of his foot injury last year. If they are having custom shoes made for Ming, then I would think they would concern themselves with Steve's.

If the shoe is really so bad that it could cause injuries or shin splints, then maybe Reebok has made his differently than the ones they sell off the rack. We'll never know.

6. because24

because24 Member

I don't know about the Steve's ATR's reebok, but Steve's Xbeam reebok are very comfortable. I've played b-ball many times on them and allways felt comfort.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i agree and i wouldn't be surprised if steve actually had custom fit versions of his shoes.

8. young24

young24 Member

"I assume that Steve is gonna wear some version of the Rbk ATR's this year, and if so then I think this is really, really sad. Actually, it pisses me off, as it should every Rockets fan."(moomoo)

PLEASE help me understand why I should be upset that Stevie is going to wear reeboks? Is it because you think he is reinjuring his foot?:confused:

#8 young24, Oct 4, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2002
  9. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Let's not forget about Olajuwon and Drexler's deals.

10. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Etonic should sponsor Francis.

11. Glyde22

Glyde22 Contributing Member

FYI-I think Francis still has his own signature brand of Reeboks, they just haven't been released yet. (most likely early next year). He is however helping to promote the ATR line along with J-Rich.

If you have the copy of ESPN the Mag with the article about Westside you can see his new kicks there. They look good. I have no idea how comfortable they will be.

12. XBeams

XBeams Member

Hehe, now this is my kind of topic!! Yeah Xbeams are really comfortable, that's what he should be wearing.