1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Tracy McGrady's Houston Return: Before, During and After

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 7, 2010.

1. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Except that in game 6 of that series he scored 50 points, dominated the ball and probably doomed his team as the Suns won game 6 and then the series in game 7. How is the fact that he "only" took 16 shots in game 7 evidence that he quit instead of an alternate scenario where Jackson told him to get his teammates involved? He still finished with 24 points, not to mention two offensive fouls in the fourth quarter.

T-Mac on the other camped himself out at the three point line and threw the ball back every time somebody passed it to him. Nobody's suggesting that there's an alternate explanation for that bull****.

2. Mr. Space City

you didn't even watch the game LOL. you're going of an article from 2010 from ESPNLosAngeles.com and i post an article (and i have more) from 2006. he stopped shooting. how can a player averaging 35 ppg and drop 81 on the raptors SUDDENLY can not get his shot off in the 2nd have vs the NO DEFENSE SUNS when he dropped 50 the game before? he clearly quit. even kobe sans admit he quit. you're reaching for straws now.

as i said im done. this thread has gotten too off topic as it is.

goodnight sir.

3. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

I watched the game, and I've watched Kobe. You clearly don't know what you're talking about. If you've spent any time watching Kobe you'd notice that he passes to his teammates in the third quarter, gets them involved, makes sure that he can't be criticized for dominating the ball--in other words he gets his quota in. Then he steps it up in the fourth quarter so he can play the role of hero.

Except that in the case of game 7 against the Suns he got called for offensive fouls on back to back possessions in the fourth quarter--taking it to the basket. If he was going to mail it in in the fourth quarter why didn't he just camp out at the three point line and heave up a brick? He had 13 FGA in the first half, which is as many as Yao Ming might get in an entire game. He only had three in the second half but don't forget a) those two offensive fouls in the fourth and b) that he sat out for the last five minutes of the game. Even with all of that he still scored 24, which is a good playoff game by anybody's standards.

I hate Kobe's guts, but everybody knows that the Lakers are much better team when he restrains himself. The magic number that everyone bats around is the Lakers' record when he takes less than 20 shots per game and over 20. And it's entirely plausible to me that Jackson told him after game 6, where he scored 50 and the Suns still won, that getting his teammates involved was a good idea.

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Ok Wekko.

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Look at this guy bashing McGrady to propup Yao. It's all McGrady's fault. Atleast McGrady is playing unlike you're Yao.

6. Mr. Space City

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m0xabxBCOE8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m0xabxBCOE8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

3:04 :grin:

now im done

7. amandawang

amandawang New Member

i don't understand, why is everyone hate t-mac, he left his best years here, he fighted for houston rockets, it's not like he betrayed rockests like LBJ did to cleverland. why did the fans boo him?

8. startah

startah Member

^^ Well most Houston Fan's Doesn't or Don't Know how to FORGIVE.. they love to Dwell in the Past and bring up the Issues again and Again against TMAC... Sigh.. I expect much Better Attitude from this but sadly does just how they Are....

9. Pringles

Pringles Member

Some posters need to stop crying about fans booing. Did T-Mac deserve it? It depends on the person. A T-Mac fan would be willing to forgive his last few years that included some major annoyance.

Me? I never was a big fan with the trade that brought him here. All I know is I'm glad he's not with us anymore.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

11. yao2kmart

yao2kmart Member

Never trust humans in real life, first there your fans/friends then comes out the 2 face people and boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! You people are sick!

12. baldeagle40

baldeagle40 Member

Is he a Prima Donna?---Hell YES
    Is a great talent who is now a shell of his former self?-------YES

Does he deserve to get booed by Rockets fans? NO!!!!!!!

IMO, the guy gave us some good years and tried to take this team somewhere on his shoulders. But the latter years really made me scream where he showed us what kind of person he was with his antics. Glad he's gone, but he
    didn't betray us or anything................

Save the boos for hated arch rivals, Rocket Killers, and those who betray their teams-------

13. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would say something pretty f'ed up to you but I don't want to get in trouble...

Just remember... You're on a Rockets fan Forum... Not a She-Mac fan forum...

[​IMG]

14. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

The absolute loudest cheers of the night were for the Space City Seniors, no joke :confused:

15. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

lol this is true. the crowd actually stood up!

16. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Look you snivelling little T-mac, jock-riding, little farts...

That quitting sack of fecal matter you know as T-mac is no longer a Rocket. His narcissistic, selfish and washed up butt does not deserve our fans or any ovation with the way he left here.

There is a reason his teams never won... he'd score 30 points on 28 shots and thinks he's freaking MJ. He stopped playing defense the second he left the Raptors. He had the tools to be one of the best two-way players of all time and pissed it all away with his attitude and inability to take care of his body properly.

He is in the Houston hall of shame with Pippen. Thanks for nothing T-lady...

P.S. - If you care more about T-mac than you do the Rockets, please go to the Detroit Pistons forums and delete your user name.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. van chief

van chief Member

You are incorrect. Rockets fans don’t like players that are not Rockets when they are playing against the Rockets.

You are allowed to make the following complimentary comments about a player who is not a Rocket when that player is playing against the Rockets.

1. Wow that was a good shot.
    2. Was Kevin Martin supposed to be guarding him?
    3. That guy is an f'n bum.
    4. We should trade for that guy.
    5. He is killing us.
    6. Why can't Kevin Martin Stay in front of his man!
    7. That was an amazing shot.
    8. Kevin Martin is making that guy look like an all star.
    9. What a block.
    10. He is way taller than Chuck Hayes.

18. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Anything and everything about the Houston Rockets. Your comments from last night's game, potential roster moves, player quotes and pictures. Hell, the slower people in the group can even talk about ex-Rocket Tracy Murray.
    Anything and everything rockets. T-Mac was an ex-rocket. We have Francis, Maxwell threads all the time.

19. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I don't agree with booing McGrady... I mean yeah, he left here on pretty bad terms, but it wasn't really his fault, at least not entirely. And yeah, he has some mental issues that held him back, too, but he always wanted to win and to win for us. It's not like he pulled a Pippen or a Lebron. He gave us some great years, but injuries just took him totally out of his game.

It's like how now people here are starting to spite Yao Ming for his injuries. Why, people? It's not their fault they're injury prone. It's not like they like getting hurt...

20. acjeitherocket

agreed.....i was somewhat surprised at the booing...i knew there'd be some but i didnt think itd be that much