1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac coming to town

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JMAD21, Dec 5, 2010.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he would have carried those Rocket teams that lost in 7 to Utah and Dallas because they couldn't finish in the clutch.

And NO HAND CHECKING??

Seriously.

2. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

you're gonna be disappointed. thats way too classy for most Rocket fans.

3. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

We didnt lose to Dallas because of inability to finish - we lost cuz the series was rigged, and we were set to lose.

I will give you the Utah series.. that's a series we SHOULD HAVE won, but we did not close out.

But as you say... if Jordan could indeed carry OUR Beloved Rockets in 05 and 07, Then why couldn't he do the same in the 7 other times his teams lost in the playoffs??

4. tinman

Supporting Member

you mean when he lost to the Celtics Dynasty and the Pistons Bad Boys?

ok. yeah. dallas/utah weren't those teams. trust me on this one.

5. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

You are comparing first round exits to conference semis + conference finals losses to the Bad Boys Pistons?

6. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Yeah, I'd rather give a polite "boo" and a big "You Suck Mclady! and with the depth perseptions at Toyota Center I hope you miss every shot."

7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

lmfao, if you knew anything about basketball, you would know the playoffs are all about matchups.

if you're going to blame the loss in 2007 against the jazz on anyone, it should be yao for his inability to guard boozer. the jazz were a matchup nightmare for us.

8. verti89

verti89 Member

TMac = great skill could 100% carry the team at certain times and played his butt off in the playoffs but it did not end in a pretty way once his injuries and attitude turned.

Yao = great skill could 100% carry the team at certain times (unless he was fronted) and played his butt off (when he wasn't injured).

the biggest difference between these two guys in TMac's attitude. He has actually done more for the franchise ON the court than Yao has but because of his attitude at the end people here hate him. One guy is from a society that treats the best athletes and superstars like royalty from the time they are about 15 and then gets all upset when they act like children. The other guy comes from China...
    i'm not trying to make excuses for tmac, his attitude was a joke, just trying to make the point that the biggest difference between the 2 is attitude which is due at least in part to the society they were brought up in.

9. rju1986

rju1986 Member

Tracy was good and all.. but please, no more McGrady threads. Stop living in the past people, dear god, nothing too significant with Tracy ever lasted- not even his composure. So many Tracy threads, this might as well be a Piston's Forum. Let it go.. It's a new season, it'll be a new year.

Let that be everyone's new year's resolution..

No More Tracy McGrady threads please. It's getting worn out, just like McGrady himself. And in my opinion this thread is unnecessary and should be merged with >>> Official McGrady/Pistons 2010 Regular Season Thread

10. Landry92

Landry92 Member

I'd rather have classy fans than knicks fans ..

who think their tough cause they boo there players everytime they go on a 2 game losing streak and give a standing Ovation to players that woop their ass ala Lebron and Kobe ..

11. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I wish I could but I'm broke!

12. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Actually Knick fans are more classy than Cleveland fans. Some of the stuff we saw Cleveland fans do was just childish. I hope Houston fans don't stoop to that level because its unnecessary.

The difference is, NY fans tend to recognize greatness and are truly appreciative of that, which is why they applauded Lebron and Kobe. I don't expect the same reaction towards TMac but a simple clap in appreciation for his 5 or so years here wouldn't be too much to ask. TMac never dogged Houston as a city or the Rockets as an organization so he deserves the same respect.

13. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Right, i'll agree with you on that point.

But, i still dont think you can put ALL the blame on McGrady. I think it starts at the top with the lack of players put around McGrady and Yao.

You're setting yourself up for failure when you surround 2 players in their prime with a bunch of "getting ready to retire" players, or players that weren't good enough to stick around in this league after the Rockets (Sura, Wesley, Bowen, Jim Jackson, Nachbar, Padgett, Mo Taylor, Derek Anderson, S Swift, K Snyder, B. Wells, Bobby Jackson, Mike James...just to name a few).

You dont have to agree with me, and i'm certainly not trying to convince you to. But all i'm saying is that you cant sell a guy short for giving it his all when it mattered most (in the playoffs) to come up short because of the team he had around him.

14. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

it is possible that there was never another nba player who had so much talent and has so little to show for it. 2 scoring titles while leading the worst team in the nba...whoop-de-doo! and you are nuts if you think the rockets should retire his jersey, or yao's for that matter.

if you want to "go to sleep" then go to sleep - you dont need tinman to "drop" anything. he could rattle off 10 posts in a row at 2:00 AM and it should not have any impact on whether or not you get to bed...thats all on you.

do you work? or do you just "set" at home all day arguing w/ tinman?

and a misspelled word here and there is one thing, but your spelling is atrocious.

1 person likes this.
  15. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Hmm...

16. tinman

Supporting Member

you missed the entire portion where we say that Michael Jordan is replacing Tracy McGrady.

Your fellow TOF thinks we still wouldn't advance.

You probably never saw Jordan play, but he was twice as good as Tmac in everything.

17. geegee1337

geegee1337 Member

tmac doesn't start, therefore he will not be introduced.

/endthread

18. geegee1337

geegee1337 Member

oh crap, but I guess we could still give him a welcome when he enters the game...argh I wish there was a edit button :mad:

19. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I like Knicks fans. They are knowledgeable and they keep it real. If your team is not putting in the effort, let them know it.