1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac coming to town

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JMAD21, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I remember this. I was there and when the clapping started I ripped into anyone within earshot about how it was stupid to clap for this bum. Surprisingly, two people actually turned around and nodded to me. I guess they just thought if everyone else was clapping they should be too.

If I'm there for the Pistons game I won't do anything. No clapping and no booing.

1 person likes this.
  2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He will get a standing ovation almost guaranteed.

He got villianized and scapegoated but we were a really good basketball team while he was here.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know, people should applaud Rick Adelman, that's some of the best team basketball i've ever seen.

they should definitely boo everyone on the Pistons especially their scrub bench players.

4. monkinamr2

monkinamr2 Contributing Member

No, McGrady should get a 5 minute standing ovation because he is better and has more heart than Hackeem, Vernon Maxwell, Horry, Cassell, Mario Elie, OT, Clyde, Tin Man, Scarecrow, Lion put together.

5. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Yeah and we are 7-13

6. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

I would give him a standing O for what he brought, but then again i am one of those who can forgive and forget. If you think about it, it's not really his fault that he's an injury prone when he was here. If anything u can blame his parents.

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

One reason to give a standing ovation is if it wasn't for tmac killing his chances in Houston, we wouldn't have got jordan hill, kevin martin, JJ's contract and those draft picks. I'd give him a standing O based on that alone :grin: . If he tried that season, he might actually still be here. Then how will you guys live??

8. tinman

Supporting Member

yeah and we won a playoff series too, something that we didn't do under JVG with Tmac.

I don't know if you noticed, but we're playing alot better. but then again, some people think the season is not 82 games.

I know some people here would rather have the Pistons, but I like the Rockets.

9. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Sometimes I feel like I understand you, but than you just keep posting things like that.

Get over it. Get a life :)

10. tinman

Supporting Member

you can't even give Rick Adelman credit for the streak?

11. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

A small percentage of credit goes to Rick. The majority of the credit goes to the team. T-mac included but as part, not the main reason.

12. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

For the streak, sure. Everybody deserves credit. Rick, and your idol TMac too.

But as for this season, I am not a big fan of Adelman.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

you can't even give Tracy McGrady credit for the streak?

14. tinman

Supporting Member

partial.

the streak was based on the players and that it showed we didn't need one player to dominate the ball to win. also notice how Rafer's production was dramatically better under Rick than under JVG.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'd give the whole team credit, but most of it centered on McGrady... He did believe in the team back then, and he took on a heightened leadership role when Yao went down; he stopped caring for the team after that season because of two straight 1st round bounces, but hey... you gotta give credit where credit is due. Rafer had one good stretch where he was shooting a really high percentage, again I give him credit for keeping the streak alive versus the Lakers (win number 22).. but do you remember how badly he sucked the year after? You don't take one good season out of a player's career stats and use that to measure his ability to play ball. In the end, Rafer sucks... Kyle, Brooks, and even Smith are better.

16. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

NSFW Language

[​IMG]

17. lalala902102001

How is that a big deal? Tracy McGrady is a 4 ppg role player these days.

18. Serg300

Serg300 Member

How about a video montage like they did for Landry. Doubt it, but I'm sure the cheers will over come the boos.

19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

so you can't give t-mac any credit for the numerous playoff appearances we had because he carried our team?

20. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Your defense is to compare T-Mac to an ordinary NBA fan. Kind of self-defeating huh?

1 person likes this.