1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets coach says no schedule set for Yao's return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MadMax, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Man Im so tired of this... :confused: Why doesn't he just do everyone a favor and retire already? I'm sorry, his body is not built to battle in the NBA. Go Play in China...stop wasting the Rockets time and Money! Please! The Houston Rockets need to MOVE ON. Please Rockets! Trade HIM! HE IS NOT GOING TO GET ANY BETTER! THIS IS IT! HE HIT HIS PLATEU A LONG TIME AGO! The man is Broken, He has made his Millions. At this point the only people that might be upset if you let him walk or trade him is China. And who gives a S*** what they think! The Rockets had some OK years with Yao, but nothing spectacular! FACK I'M SO PISSED ALREADY!!! I'm tired of hearing injury and Yao in the same sentence. It's time to hear RETIRED OR TRADED! :grin:

2. Rox2010Champ

Rox2010Champ Member

he can run w/ the second unit depending on the matchups
    in games against bigger, slower teams, he actually might provide some solid minutes defending the paint.
    so we can't say all he'll do is disrupting chemistries...

3. rox81

rox81 Member

I think I'm in love.

Fire Yao NOW - let's start a movement.

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

This tells you completly NOTHING. Video like that can make Chuck Hayes looks like Wilt Chamberlain...And we had a video of Chuck doing that

5. Rox2010Champ

Rox2010Champ Member

on the bright side however, this team is start to click without the big fella
    lets see if we can beat the bulls tonight

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm not turning on him just ready to move on. its getting silly

7. laneh

laneh Member

He needs to come back and play a minimum of 32 MPG with no back-to-backs. That's the only way to get back to good bball condition.

8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

That's what I was thinking, adelman and tmac circa 2009?

9. albuster

albuster Member

This. This was my point in a previous post. Yao gets hurt even when being nursed so why not just play him with no artificial time limit. His conditioning and on court play will curtail his minutes initially anyway so why not let Yao and Adelman themselves work out his minutes on the court.

Let Yao play according to his conditioning and his usefulness on the court. I believe he will not play more than 26 minutes per game due to other factors other than the artificial limit.

10. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

you can wait.

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

All Yao needs to do is suit up as a "joke".

12. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Damn...Houston fans are the worst.
    So many players eventually get talked about like trash here.
    Luckily, it's internet chatter and has no significance on actual basketball.

1 person likes this.
  13. HayesDPOY

HayesDPOY Member

Totally agree.
    A player who's been contributing all what he has on and off the court should deserve some respect. But I could not see any here.

14. Raven

Raven Member

You know, I don't believe that is what's happening, but it is eerily similar.

15. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

Some of the fans here made me sick.

I am sure Yao didn't want to get injured. Now, he had an opportunity to come back, some knuckleheads here would just badmouth him.

Yao deserves another chance - like another poster mentioned, we aren't exactly world beaters here so what would be the difference?

SS999

16. scottie brooks

I think it has done its primary job. That was to prevent another fracture and so far as we know, it is still working in that sense. It was not meant to prevent ankle sprains. You can obviosly not completely prevent injury no matter the time constraints.

17. tmaculate

tmaculate Member

Go tmac!!! Oh I mean Yao!

18. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Get Riddy of Yao.

Time to move on.

But I am sure the "Genius" is already working on it. :rolleyes:

19. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

- Yao sounding frustrated in all his interviews
    - Eating lunch with JVG
    - Numerous articles with conflicting information on his return date

= Adelman and Yao has beef? O_O

20. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Don't know how some of you get offended over the criticism of Yao :confused: We are here to support the Houston Rockets, not the Yao Rockets or the China Rockets. This is far too much love for one player that has done nothing for the Rockets as it pertains to BASKETBALL. What he does as a man and as role model off the court is not in question or in discussion here. It's all about his unfortunate short comings due to his proneness to injury. Believe me, I wish he could stay healthy and win us some championships...or at the very least take us deep in the playoffs. But, the painful truth is...IT WONT HAPPEN!! If he wants to take a HUGE pay cut and play limited minutes, then I'm cool with that. If that’s the plan after the season, then fine. If he still wants to be paid the big bucks?? Then he can get that from another team...Or the Chinese can pay him. :grin:

1 person likes this.