1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's wrong with Chase?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by G-Money, Dec 3, 2010.

1. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

The DD curse

2. EricZ.He

EricZ.He Member

this is what so called "yao ming effect"

3. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

we need DD to hate on the rest of the roster. Then we win championship easy.

4. Felece

Felece Member

DD curse destroying AB and Chase, while making the players that play their positions GOD(Battier and Lowry)

5. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

His shooting form looks very different to me from last season. Last season it was beautiful to look at (not talking about the ball going in, but his form), this season it is kind of ugly. I haven't looked at side by side footage, so I could be imagining things...

How could he have managed to screw up his shooting form over the summer? Did he try to improve it or something?

6. Dei

Dei Member

Too much partying with Hill.

7. Htown's2kFinest

oh yeah, how can I forget :grin:

And Bud is over-hyped here. Esp by that DD guy. Where are the Kobe comparisons at now??

8. josh_is_white

josh_is_white Member

less chase more jt and lee

9. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Ankle injury & then confidence issue. Rises & falls with the team. Has nothing to do with his potential, talent, or work ethic. All he needs to do is keep his head up and trust his touch.

10. CXbby

CXbby Member

I am sorry, but the curse of HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED cannot be named, less you risk the curse to befall on oneself. A fate I would not wish upon even the worst of my enemies.

1 person likes this.
  11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He's been horrible ever since he tried to go with the hard G. Need to go back to the soft G, or try the silent G.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Ole Chase is ready for the trading block.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I was thinking this might have to do with it, but maybe that would be over-analysis.

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Well Hill sucked a bit today too, so it might just be lack of focus. Though Hill actually played well the past few games whiles bud continues to suck

15. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

We just witnessed potential energy being converted to kinetic energy personified and on a group scale.

Here's to hoping the boulder is big, the hill is long, and it keeps on rolling.

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

This year, Chase's shot is gone and he hasn't improved on any of his weaknesses. He hasn't learned how to break down a defender or draw contact. His defense has actually gotten worse, IMO. He is a huge liability when his shot isn't on as he doesn't do much else. That is very worrying.

It's quite sad that some of you seem to be gloating about Chase's struggles simply because they make DD look bad. Even if Chase doesn't have the "Ray Allen ceiling" that DD claims, we do need him to contribute somehow. We should all be hoping Chase bounces back, even if DD remains delusional.

1 person likes this.
  17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Exactly, DD hated on Ron a two years ago and Ron wins at all last year. DD hated on Ariza and Melo the most in the last two months so I'm think one of them will win it all this year. I'm banking on Melo since Ariza has already won one.

18. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Started sucking after Bull came up with the r****ded "HEY BUD LET'S PARTY."

Now the only thing he can do is dunk thanks to that.

19. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

he needs to stop being a pass receiver and giver and take the ball to the freaking hoop.... dude just catches a pass, and then passes it again. He needs to make a move...

he is a talented passer, but he needs to look to be a legit scoring threat instead of just being a chucker

20. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I have a feeling that Budinger will be forced out of the rotation once Aaron Brooks and Yao Ming come back.

I think Rick will go with Lowry, Lee, Hayes and either Miller or Hill (depending on match-ups) as his regular bench rotation when the roster's fully healthy. Sure, Chase will get spot minutes over guys like JT and Jeffries, but his lack of shooting touch this season has made him largely irrelevant compared to what both Lowry and Lee can provide off the bench for the Rockets.

That said, I hope Chase gets back his stroke and makes this entire thread a waste of everybody's time.