1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FanHouse] Rockets interested in Cousins... and Carl Landry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mooch, Dec 1, 2010.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

2. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

please come back carl landry! just not your agent

3. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

we miss u a mery christmas [​IMG]

Depending on the opponents and Flow of the game, Hill & Hayes can slide to C. If Landry can ramp up his D on the Rockets, he can share Quality minutes with Scola...

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Still prefer Cousins.

5. CougarFan90

CougarFan90 Member

How about Landry and Melo to Houston, Cousins to Denver and Brooks to Sacremento?

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Sounds fair to me.

7. drich

drich Member

Damn this trade is a blockbuster but it takes care of every teams need thats involved. One of the best trade ideas I have read on here and I appreciate your explanation of why the teams do it.

Most trade ideas on here seem to be one sided. This is actually makes all teams happy seem like. Great trade and D morey make it work asap

8. drich

drich Member

9. SupeR2706

SupeR2706 Member

If anyone hasn't read it yet, apparently Sacramento is interested in brooks and has been for a while now! A proposed trade could potentially be brooks and someone like JT for Cousins (not likely) or Landry back. Although we signed Scola to his contract this summer bringing back Landry would make him expendable. Then we submit ourselves for the Melo sweepstakes!! It's on hoopsworld, I'm not sure how to post the link but I read it yesterday.. Landry for Brooks? Scola for Melo? What do you think??? :confused:

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Maz9ddxEQnM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Maz9ddxEQnM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Just want to echo this. Another thing that gets forgotten, now that we're well past the summer, is the Knicks made that deal in the hopes of getting LeBron and another max guy like Wade, Bosh, Joe Johnson or Amar'e. They did the deal to clear enough room for the second one (and in hindsight, was it even necessary when the cap numbers were released?), but they only got Amar'e. And to make it worse: They now don't have draft picks they can move to get Carmelo Anthony.

Has there been one single positive from this deal for the Knicks? They would un-do this deal in a heartbeat if they could.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The Knicks probably are going to make the playoffs, what teams go past them?

Assume that Boston, Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Chicago, are rock-solid locks for the playoffs, and that Philadelphia and Washington are complete no-hopers, that means the 10-9 Knicks have to merely finish in the top 3 of this crew

Indiana (9-8)
    NYK (10-9)
    Cleveland (7-11)
    Toronto (7-11)
    Milwaukee (6-12)
    Charlotte (6-12)
    Detroit (6-13)
    NJ (6-13)

Not a very tall order at all....42-40 gets it done for them.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It may not be worth as much now, but dang it, doesn't everyone wish that we traded that right back to them for Randolph or some thing before the season?

There is very little value in holding his bird rights, unless you are picking him up for something like a trade exception, because otherwise you are giving up assets that you don't need to give up to get him as an unrestricted free agent.

I agree with what you said, Bima....but the point still stands, he is an unrestricted free agent, there is no need to go get him now for what we have, especially this season......

If you want him in the offseason, you can make an offer, you can do a sign and trade, there is an entire myriad of possibilities....and by then you know whether Yao is part of whatever team you are building.

It makes no sense to go get him now, which is more to my point.

And I do understand your stance on capspace and whether things are free etc.....

DD

#193 DaDakota, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Probably still could. They're not playing him anyway.

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I will be surprised if the Knicks make the playoffs. I fully expect Indy, Charlotte, and Milwaukee to be fighting it out for 6-8 and NY to fall out of contention in the second half. They have no depth. They play no defense. They're not that good.

16. DaDakota

The Rox wouldn't do that anyway, it would put them even further over the cap, and I don't believe they are willing to pay the Lux tax....

DD

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Of course. Unless absolutely necessary(superstar).

18. DaDakota

I think that may be the ONLY exception.

DD

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

BTW, have you noticed how all of that Melo crap is coming back to haunt us? :rolleyes:

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

They're not nearly as bad as you think. Landry Fields is surprisingly competent...if they upgraded Felton they would be a 50 win team.

Anyway, go back and read my post, all they have to do is NOT FINISH LAST among Indiana, Charlotte, and Milwaukee which is 1) not that hard, and 2) something that they're already doing.