1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao will not be traded...IMHO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan09, Dec 2, 2010.

1. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Wooshhhhhh

The whole point of signing Yao to the league minimum is to make that you no longer need to rely on Yao staying healthy to contend.

Wooshhhhhhh

2. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I was in totally disbelief when I found out about this breaking news this morning. I called my best friend immediately. He almost had a heart attack when he heard of this latest astonishing and stunning development.

A well-deserved five stars minus four stars thread.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rhodium

Rhodium Member

How many of you think Les Alexander depends on Rockets for most of his income? His business in China started when he signed a Chinese named Yao Ming. And since then, he has become one of the top ten wealthiest owners in NBA. If he dumps Yao like a broken furniture, his business partners in China would likely respond in a similar way. Without Yao, Les Alexander is just another stupid American. They may take him worse if he treats Yao with strictly business manner, like some of you suggested, without respect to a great Chinese player with class. The best hopeful ending for Les is Yao retires or leaves on his own decision.

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Well, honestly, I doubt he'd sign for league minimum but if he did I guess his overall impact would be minimal and I'd assume there would be a pretty good center ready to take over in place with the money left over.

#44 rockets934life, Dec 2, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  5. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Chinese economy second biggest in the world ...

Yao is the most popular person there.

NO WAY HE IS TRADED !!!!

6. alethios

alethios Member

Prediction: Yao will buy the Rockets and trade himself.

7. Rox2010Champ

Rox2010Champ Member

Why should people think Yao will get a 5-6 million + extention

Brad Miller is more reliable than Yao physically, and having him at center is not a drop off as to having Yao.
    Lowery is does more in the PG position than Yao at center, and is more reliable physically.
    Where did it say he's making 20 + million? Jermaine O'Neal is making 5.7 million
    But even Jermaine can be counted on more than Yao at this point of their careers, he didn't go out 4 years in a row with season ending injuries.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

That's not a good way to think... 30+% of the NBA is really overpaid.

9. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

the thadeus rulz ...IMHO.

10. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Wow so much insight. I've never even considered that point of view :rolleyes:

11. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

All athletes are overpaid compared to folks who do real work to carry the country going foward, like our soldiers.

12. aznboi

aznboi Contributing Member

IMHO.... HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

13. MandM's

MandM's Member

HO traded himself. Different

14. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

To be honest i don't think anybody knows 100% certainty that Yao is that big of a revenue force. And i have not read one source that backs the claims up.
    Instead more like a bandwagon of belief.

15. highlander3128

If you are asking for speculation, I say Yao will be signed for the max for the next 5 years ;)
    No offend. All peace.

16. Happii

Happii Member

In my opinion the only reason why GMs would want Yao is for his contract in pursuit for Carmelo Anthony (If he does not sign a contract extension, then traded). This is EXACTLY the same situation with T-Mac in the last free agency. No one wants him as a player, only his contract and what he is "apparently" worth.

17. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Yao Ming can't even get out of street clothes for most games and you are wondering why Brad Miller gets $5 mil? Hakeem and Dikembe in their old age was healthier than Yao is now.

18. Dei

Dei Member

19. jwayne

jwayne Member

What i think is funny is how many talk about Yao's foot (the surgically repaired foot) like it is a problem NOW. That hasnt proven to be the case. He had a bad sprain, as did AB, so they are waiting until it is better to get him back. You dont rush a return from an injury.

People are jumping to way too many conclusions about Yao. He hasnt been the player he was to this point, he is just getting back after a year or more lay-off from the game. Of course he isnt. Too think he should be isnt thinking logically. Now, in 6 months to a year of consistent basketball activities, if he is not showing signs of getting back in old form, then you can make a judgement. But not now.

20. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Lets make a bet, Yao plays more minutes than Brad Miller for the whole season.