1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 109, Lakers 99

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's too early to give up on the season. If we can play .500 ball and run off a few winning streaks in between, we can still be something by the end of the season. I'm a "glass half full" kind of guy.

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I agree with almost everything you said except that it's hard to get excited. No. It's not hard to get excited when you watch your team pull out a fantastic win against the world champion Lakers. If it's hard for you to get excited watching that game, as even a basketball fan, much less a Rockets fan, then I suggest you quit following basketball. You're wasting your time.

3. J-Man

J-Man Member

LMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That douch probably didn't pay up and created a new account with a different screen name to continue to post on that site.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It's better with them both.

DD

5. everyday eddie

Have you taken notice that the Rockets just beat the Thunder and Lakers without two of our best players. What a game!

6. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

True I was very impressed with that aspect of his game tonight against a legit big man like Gasol.

7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Didn't we beat the T'Wolves by 32? :rolleyes:

8. H-town master

H-town master Member

9. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

i missed the first half , who dunked on battier ?

10. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

such a beautifully executed game. everyone was involved and found ways to score. it seems like we're starting to get some cohesion.

12. dream_34

dream_34 Contributing Member

No offense but the fact that our starting SF AND team captain was able to score ~18 pts is such a cause for celebration only reenforces the original hate.....Think about it.

13. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I disagree that this is the absolute hardest the team has competed this season. I felt the Spurs game rivaled this one in terms of pure heart and hustle. We didn't win that one, unfortunately, but the team competed extremely hard when the cards were unbelievably stacked against them.

With that being said, this game gives me hope. Not just simply because we won, but because of the things that went on during it. Adelman showed a ton of trust in Hill. He called a lot of plays just for him, and he kept him in the game to defend Gasol rather than going to his safety blanket, Chuck Hayes.

Battier was great.

But in my opinion, the thing that really got me excited tonight was the way Kevin Martin competed. After he started off so horribly and Adelman sat him down for Courtney Lee very early, it seemed to hit some kind of button. He got super aggressive on offense and really put it together. He basically carried the team on offense for much of the 3rd quarter during a time when the Rockets usually lose games. He still deferred to other guys in the 4th, but it was understandable tonight considering Battier and Lowry were playing pretty damn well on that side.

I really hope the Rockets can build on this.

Unfortunately... I've said that exact statement about 5 other times this season, and it hasn't worked out so far.

14. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

the LA announcers called Shane, Bane Shattier today. LOL so I guess they were right in that he shat all over the Lakers.

1 person likes this.
  15. Entropy

Entropy Member

It'd be a twist of M. Night Shymalan proportions if Shane somehow morphed into our consistent 4th Q. Closer this season.

16. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

Yeah baby!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7AfjGBxXE8s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7AfjGBxXE8s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

17. Village Bum

Village Bum Member

Lol, very well put.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

won 2 of 3 against pretty much the best of the west...have been playing better D and with more toughness during that stretch...there's definitely some momentum building, although i dont know if Yao and brooks would kill it.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If a player score 18 points every game, he is likely the second or third scorer of the team. Battier is our 5th scorer if everyone is healthy. His game is defense. If he brings some good offense, that's cause for celebration, especially when he scores 11 points in the most crucial stretch of the 4th quarter AND plays great defense at the other end on Kobe Bryant.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Dude. I've been wanting Shane to bring out his clutch side... he just needs to tap into it more because it is there. It's always there.