1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AJ/Finnegan fight

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ferrari77, Nov 28, 2010.

1. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

What happened to all those vidz that were here yesterday?

2. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Real men take their on helmets off.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0-omw2lvx30?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0-omw2lvx30?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

12:25 AM.

Finnegan still a b****.

That is all.

1 person likes this.
  4. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

If Cortland thinks this was a good thing, then he's a moron. If you're trying to get away with a lot of dirty tactics, then having it boil over and shining a ton of negative attention on you is a bad idea.

There was already substantial anecdotal evidence that he was a dirty player. Having it spotlighted in such an obvious manner will have the ref's calling on sorts of stuff on him now.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

12:41 AM, I agree.

6. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I'm a Texans fan.. but I'm shocked that Andre didn't get suspended. I think he deserved to.

I know Cortland's a b!tch, but Andre had him on the ground and delivered two punches to his head. Finnigan had no way of defending himself on the two punches and Andre admitted he lost his cool. If that doesn't warrant a suspension, I'm not sure what does.

That said, I'm happy as hell they let him off the hook. Now let's go beat the Eagles!

1 person likes this.
  7. Shaji

Shaji Contributing Member

From Kuharsky's blog on espn.com:

Quotes from Cortland Finnegan’s Monday evening radio appearance on Nashville’s 104.5 the Zone following his Sunday fight with Andre Johnson that got both players fined $25,000.

* “I believe I toned it down completely and started playing within the rules because the NFL is changing and you’ve got to adapt to change. So I’ve done that…”
    * “Did I want it to escalate into that? Absolutely not. …The only thing that upsets me -- I’m not worried about getting hit, I’m hard-headed as it is -- if you reverse that and it’s me, I’m not at the radio show. I’m sulking because I got a game suspension. But you twist it and it’s because it’s me. You live and you learn. Oh, well.”
    * “It’s not the action that we’re after anymore, it’s the actual person. And that happens to be I’m the instigator, I’m that guy.”
    * “If you reversed it, by any stretch of the imagination, you get me, here, suspended…”
    * “This is not hockey this is the NFL. It’s crazy to me to see people condoning this like I got what I deserved. So be it…”
    * “I do want to apologize for the way I left… and the waving …”
    * “I guess he got his money’s worth.”

Here's the audio of his comments courtesy of Titans Radio.

8. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

That guy is such a piece of $#!+. I tell you what, there's a reason that everyone in the media and other players are happy that he got what he did. I'm glad AJ didn't get suspended, but I understand that it may have something to do with Thursday's game being on NFL Network as well as his reputation since joining the league.

I don't want to excuse what he did, but the guy has been one of the best representations of the league it has ever had. Its nice to see a good guy catch a break, especially when its against a known trouble maker.

I only hope now for two things. One, he goes out on Thursday and has a monster game leading us to a win. Second, that he doesn't let that dip$#!+ bait him when we play them next, just go out and dominate him on the field. Through receptions, just to be clear.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We all need a good game after seeing two 3-7 teams go at it on MNF.

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Speaking of hockey, that fight is what goes on almost EVERY hockey match.

Its why in hockey they lets the players fight. Guys wearing hard equipment banging into each other all game long, you don't know where the instigation starts or stops. Even with multiple cameras you can't always tell how or why the fights happens. (Also in hockey its because the players carry sharp sticks, so its better to let them toss the sticks away and duke it out hand to hand before they use the sticks as deadly weapons. )

So under hockey rule, understandable why the players wouldnt get suspended. Or maybe the league can have half-suspensions, make the players sit out the first half instead of the full game.

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The reason you don't stop a hockey fight is because you can get seriously injured trying to hold people back on ice. Slick surfaces and grabbing people and trying to keep them from moving (when they're angry) don't mix. I've seen people with torn ACLs and broken bones from trying to stop hockey fights. And they weren't even fighting.

12. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Sounds to me like he's crying because he's getting no respect... He can go **** himself.

13. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Ok... WHAT? There are almost 200 words there, and maybe 2 complete sentances. Dude's not exactly Myron Rolle, is he?

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Says the jackwagon that threw the first punch.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

when you consistently act like a punk, you'll get treated like one consistently.

how about Ditka saying he only wished AJ had gotten in another punch on him?

16. msn

msn Member

Tim Bulman (sp?) was on a local radio show about half an hour ago in H-town, and one of the hosts asked him, "Is Corland Finnegan a b****?"

:grin: :grin: :grin:

17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Was that Josh Innes? That dude is one wierd cat but if it was him, he basically asked what we all wonder/think.

18. msn

msn Member

No idea. Don't really know all their voices or even their names. And I was laughing too hard to see if anyone acknowledged who said it.

19. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Agreed, but hey, the NFL works in mysterious ways...and finnadouche was just crying and whining on the radio...grow up, you suck!

20. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

11:07AM
    Nothing has changed
    Have a good day