1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Damon Jones potential backup 2?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nycrocket, Oct 2, 2002.

1. nycrocket

nycrocket Contributing Member

I know he couldn't take Moochie's spot as the backup 1 last year, but do you give him a shot at backing up Cat this year? He doesn't play much d, but could provide a semi-veteran spark off the bench, and can hit the 3. If he was in the rotation, it might put a little pressure on Moochie to stop dribbling so much. I think he's a restricted free agent without a spot on the Pistons, with all their guard additions this summer.

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Isn't he in Detroit playing well there as a backup 2?

3. nycrocket

nycrocket Contributing Member

I don't think he signed, restricted free agent. The acquired sanchez, hubert davis, chauncey, and rip hamilton, so i doubt that he'll sign.

4. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

I thought he was supposed to get an invite to Cleveland's training camp because John Lucas liked how he played at Westside during the summer. He would be an excellent backup and will be the three-point sharpshooter that the Rockets need off the bench.

5. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Given waltsucks' plug for McKeal in a different thread, I'm more interested in seeing what he has to offer since skillswise, Mckeal sounds like a better fit.

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

We need a long SG to throw at opposing defenses. Damon doesn't fit the bill.