1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Training Camp - 10/1/2002

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 1, 2002.

1. timm

timm Member

Clutch You da MAAAAN

Looking forward to some preseason action.

Did you see any defense - spoken or in action. Thats my number 1 worry more than folks recovering from injury!!!

2. leehoang

leehoang Member

hhhmmm....... very interesting........

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

http://www.clutchcity.net/feature.cfm?FeatureID=157

There's the story. If you have questions, feel free to ask them. Or better yet if you have questions for players for me to ask tomorrow, let me know that also.

Honestly on Day 1 the past 3 seasons, something usually sticks out ... with the exception of Rice, there was not much today (a shame since I saw a <B>lot</B> of practice). I'm hoping I will get to watch a lot more practice tomorrow.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thanks Clutch!

Let me be the first to quote this part...

"Cuttino ran some of the offense, and the passing just wasn't there. One time he had Eddie wide open calling for the ball beyond the arc, but Cat opted instead to to back in three defenders (resulting in a foul)." :D

Really encouraging to hear about Rice. With Boki's lack of NBA experience, it's good to hear that Rice is in good shape. I wasn't even sure if he could still dunk...

5. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Great as always Clutch,thanks.

6. Truth

Truth Member

Clutch your reports are awesome. They can surely keep us occupied until Oct. 8th.

7. tozai

tozai Member

Clutch--What did you mean about Steve & Mo?

8. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

Fantastic reporting Clutch!

You should be working for The Rockets!

9. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

I am completely blown away by this paragraph.

Clutch, did you get any impression that the Rockets may have used today to just shake out their legs with one another?

If not... if the Rockets practiced the same boring ball of last year... then everything Rudy said about developing new plays was bs (unless his version of a new play has a picture of Yao Ming out on the perimeter kneeling down and crossing over for 15 seconds). I got myself excited for this season, partly, by buying into the media's spin on Rudy drawing up some new plays.

If you don't see some form of interesting basketball in the next week or so... then I think we should be afraid. If the only new play Rudy has pictured for Yao is the dump it in... pass back out for a 3, then we should all be realllly afraid.

Perhaps not about wins, but for the fact that the Rockets will remain an amazingly boring basketball team.

10. minnieme

minnieme Member

FANTASTIC JOB Clutch. Your recaps are better then most of the local reporters. Keep up the great work !!!:D :D :D :D :D

11. Truth

Truth Member

Forget that, ALL of the reporters. Think about it, he's there just for us. For you and me, all of us. How cool is that?

12. minnieme

minnieme Member

:( .... sorry Cluth:( , I stand corrected ... better than ALL of the reporters .... thanks for pointing out the error of my statement TRUTH :)

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

isn't glen rice in his prime exactly what we hope boki can try and mirror? maybe not that good but he can be similar sans the post-up game. i never considered it but a healthy rice not only contributes alot presently, but can be valuable to nachbar's development as well.

14. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I completely agree HEB.

I mean, it was nice hearing about Glen Rice, but I really really hope Rudy has something more in store than just a ton more isos.

Still, it's just day one.

15. moomoo

moomoo Member

tozai,

i was wondering the same thing...

hmmm....steve--mo--cat love triangle, maybe :D ?

only kidding!! please, please, give us more details, clutch! pretty pleeeeeaze?

16. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Clutch, you're the best. Thanks again for all your work.

I liked the tidbit about Tito and Steve. I was surprised to find out earlier that Tito has a partially guaranteed contract. Do you guys think that says anything about his making the team?

Clutch, if you can get a sense as training camp progresses how the Rockets feel about Tito, Tierre, Oscar, etc. and the backup guard positions, please pass it along.

17. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What about Cato? Did he look like he had been "working hard" in the offseason as had been reported?

18. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Dan Langhi was at the shootaround??? Isn't he a Sun?