1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Community [Season 2]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Sep 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Hands down, the best new network sitcom from last year. The season starts a bit early with a "twittersode" where the characters will be tweeting live and it leads into the start of the first episode. You can read about it here and get the twitter accounts of the characters: http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/21/community-twittersode/

My favorite is the account Troy started after moving in with Pierce based on @S***tmydadsays: http://twitter.com/oldwhitemansays

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jTi0xB_RUGo&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jTi0xB_RUGo&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Ummmm.......MODERN FAMILY??????

3. Egghead

Egghead Member

yeah...Community is a good show, but not as good as Modern Family.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't like watching comedies at all. Haven't got into Big Bang Theory, 30 Rock or The Office. I caught community on a rerun because nothing was on and I laughed out loud. The Sitcom/Movie references are Gold the writing keeps you on your toes. Abed might be the most well written and and acted characters on TV IMO. I "Purchased" the first season and watched it in two days. Just Hilarious. I didn't like the very last bit of the first season. Why should Jeff get all the women?

I'm setting my DVR just for Alison Brie alone.

I think I'm going to "purchase" Modern Family next..

5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

UMMMMM, OPINIONS???

6. liljojo

liljojo Member

I tried watching the first season of Modern Family. It was pretty funny but not something I'd follow regularly. I look forward to Community every week.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I hate that I can't watch TV on Thursdays at all due to other obligations. It seems that every single show that I like to watch is on Thursday. Community, 30 Rock, The Apprentice, Jersey Shore, and now the Big Bang Theory is also on Thursday.

8. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Just caught up on a few episodes on Hulu. I love all the spoofs of cliche movie moments and themes. One of the most clever shows on right now IMHO. Definitely picking up this season on DVD if this keeps up.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I love Community it is literally the only comedy on my DVR. I really liked season 1 they had all the spoofing but they still gave us a little Character development. It felt like everyone was growing or working toward something.

Season 2 seems to be all spoofs. I feel we haven't learned anything new about whats going on in their lives. With each episode the series is getting sillier. Hope they get back to the funny.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Everyone who doesn't participate in ratings "loves" this show, which is why it's on the bubble for cancellation.

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The paintball episode was one of my favorites.

12. PointForward

PointForward Member

The show has been on a bad 3-4 episode streak. The writers are getting too cute and are "gaying it up" quite a bit. I don't like that.

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I thought the Halloween episode and the space simulator episode were damned good.

I agree with somebody else. I only have 2 comedies on my DVR. Eastbound & Down and Community.

14. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

My gf and I agree with you. Season 2 seems to be a lot less funnier than Season 1. So far we've enjoyed Outsourced more than this.

15. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I'm really big on this show and just started it. The only two on my DVR list right now are Community and 30 Rock. I want to give Outsourced a try too.

Don't have any appeal from anything on CBS aside from Sunday afternoons, but I might not be in the key demographic. I also want to check out Modern Family at some point.

16. liljojo

liljojo Member

I think they had a bad start this season. The show is always hit or miss, and they whiffed a couple times early this season. Their Halloween episode was great though, and the latest one was pretty good too.

They also seemed to have sexed it up a little bit from last season. Not sure how I feel about that.

17. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

I agree this show is hit or miss. I love Goodfellas, so the Chicken Fingers episode was gold to me. OTOH, I'm not a fan of conspiracy shows, so the latest Night School episode was really boring for me.

But man, when this show does work, it is one of the best shows ever. Cooperative Calligraphy is 20 minutes of television perfection.

With American Idol moving into its time slot, Community is going to have a hard time getting to a third season. I'm telling as many people about this show as I can, and giving away a bunch of Community DVD sets for Christmas. ;)

18. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

community is my favorite nbc thursday night show right now - until parks and rec comes back.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

This show is really hitting its stride lately.

I've been laughing my assbone off.

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought "Epidemology" was one of the best episodes. Same with the Abed/Jesus episode. Everything is secondary to "Modern Warfare" last season, but I think they were as hit and miss last year. For instance, I thought the Jack Black episode last year was pretty stupid.

Usually, if there's a bad main plot, the secondary plot is good. I didn't like the "Pierce's Dead Mom" plot, but the secondary story about Annie and Brie competing was funny. And last week the conspiracy plot was kinda meh, but the massive tent fort was hilarious. I'm not sure there is really an episode that I would describe as "completely bad" from this season.

Also, I don't think there has ever been one of the little vignettes during the credits that I haven't LOL'ed at.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Lj-043X3w4c" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H4hvZkBpUJs" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1_Xg0IU6Nbg" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Old8OhertJY" frameborder="0"></iframe>

BTW, is it really creepy that I think Annie is super-hot?