1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Brooks out of boot !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 23, 2010.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree, I think you go until February and assess where you are then, and if you are not really in it, you tan....uhhhh.....you play the young guys more.

;)

DD

2. RainbowPoop

RainbowPoop Rookie

It's a bitter sweet thing in Yao, he would kill to be out there healthy, here's to a healthy season the rest of the way.

:)

3. Prince

Prince Member

Welcome back Brooks 2.0.

4. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

What can i say? I'm optimistic by nature :grin:

5. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Indeed, i want Rockets to tank and rebuild .................

6. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

We kept Taylor because Morey realized, we wouldn't get that much of an improvement with Erica because Dumpier is overrated. Also we lost Brooks, so the team needed another guard for practice that was a legit threat offensively.

That being said, Taylor and Budinger really need to be battling for minutes in practice by now, because if Taylor has half the defense he had in that one Lakers' game last season and a half decent 3, he should be getting Budinger minutes.

7. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Agreed here... Bud's been struggling like hell so far (except against the Lakers). Taylor has shown that he's capable or finding his own shot and can play some lock down defense when inspired to. I think he needs to get more playing time to see what he can do.

8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

remember everyone would rag on t-mac for having "no heart" since he never played hurt (even thought he played hurt all the time) and now when aaron brooks and yao aren't play hurt, they get free passes?

lol, the hypocrisy...

9. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

LOL at thinking Brooks and Yao coming back is going to salvage this season. We saw how 'good' we were with them earlier this year and it wasn't pretty. When they come back, sure, we'll beat some bad teams and maybe give some good teams a run for their money...but this team is mediocre to bad...period. Anyone who expects us to be anything close to a contender is in for a serious wake up call. We'd be extremely lucky to get anything close to an 8th seed...and when that happens guess what...we'll get swept out of the first round and draft patrick patterson 2.0 in next year's draft...woohoo! We've already fallen too deep into a hole early in the season and our mediocre/bad team doesn't have enough firepower or will to pull off a big run to make up for it.

I can't believe I fell for the ridiculous hype this preseason...I want all my 'hmmm, the Rockets may make some noise this year' emotions back...effers! :mad:

10. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

I could have told u this!

Saw Brooks w/o the boot last nite

But I also saw matt Schaub at the game last night, wearing a hat trying to cover his face.
    But his hot wife gave it away b/c I looked at her then him and realized it was Matt.

O what $ can do!

11. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Awsome! I miss the fella! He's the only thing exciting about this team. If we're still losing with him heck, at least I have an fun player to watch.

12. marky :)

marky :) Member

So what if were not contenders when they get back. Not saying this is what you mean but it sounds like your suggesting we should just tank. Isn't playing for pride good enough? I'd rather have the Rockets at full "power" and try there hardest and fall short then tank/give up. At least that way we will know that this roster/coaches aren't going to get us to a championship at there full potential.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

It wasn't pretty but it wasnt a disaster either like it is now.

We were competitive against good competition.

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yao just makes me sad. He works so hard. He wants to play so much. But he's always hurt.

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I don't expect either of these guys to help us get wins, but hopefully they add some damn excitement to the games. These have been terrible to watch.

16. The Hard G

The Hard G Member

By no means are Brooks and Yao gonna be Jesus coming down to save our poor souls from internal damnation, but they could still give us some sort of faith.

I mean, we could have used Brooks three point shooting last night against the Suns.

Also, Brooks kills Nash in head to head matchups.

17. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

We don't need Brooks or Yao, we need a miracle :grin: .

18. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

when brooks comes back alongside with martin and drops aroun 40-50ppg between them both things will look better. When yao comes back and he can clog up the lane a bit more then our defense will be a little bit better. Cant wait to have them back, maybe when they are both back the team can finally start to playing with heart again.

19. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Well, you will also see brooks making alot of mental mistakes and throwing the ball away, throwing fits and losing his temper on the court, then making up for it by jacking up ill advised 3s. You will see Yao be slow and take awhile to get back up to speed.

Hope I'm wrong but it just seems like even with them back, it's another month of hopefully a consistent roster before this team starts to click. By that time we be like 17 games under 500

20. delta69er

delta69er Member

mark my words another 22 win streak ;)