1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey, Lee and state of our team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sidarma, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Tizz

Tizz Member

If he's our best player, then we are in big big trouble.

2. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

I'm soo confused with the op. :confused: What is he trying to say?? But yes, Morey, Lee and the Rockets are in the State of Texas. You're welcome buddy.

3. Tizz

Tizz Member

Morey has built a team full of role players. He built this current team around Yao, who he thought was going to be our star. Then they realized that Yao's injury will never heal and Yao will never get the playing time to be our star and then Morey started scrambling. He realized that he had a team full of role players. He panicked and started going after a star. He went after Bosh, hard. And then when Carmello's name came up, he went there too. In his interviews he always talks about trading for a star. Morey is a smart man. He knows that the recipe for success in the NBA is a star or two surrounded by good role players. Morey is stuck right now and we are all just going to have to wait it out and accept that, well we have a team full of role players and we'll be in the lottery. You don't win with this recipe.

4. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

So who's our best player.

Yao? then we are in big big trouble.
    Scola? then we are in big big trouble.
    KM? then we are in big big trouble.

I don't know what team are you following, but this team wasn't assemble around one big start. Aaron is the best not by far but the best and we didn't notice how important he was for us because he didn't get hurt long enought to see how much this team need his game.

5. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

we couldnt get and dont have a superstar on this team - what do you expect?

we'll see what happens come february.

6. Tizz

Tizz Member

I'm with you. We don't have any stars and our best player is a role player. That's why we are a lottery team. Who is the Lakers best player? Who is Boston's best player? Who is Miami's best player? What about the Thunder? Those teams are the real contenders - the Rockets are lotto bound.

7. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Wow. If you are ESL, then your English is pretty great. (But your post still sucks.)

;)

8. Vivid

Vivid Member

That list has some impressive names. We aren't talking about MVP's, but some of these guys were 2nd team all NBA material in their prime.

Kevin Johnson was pretty good. Barkley may have been the main guy but Johnson was the steady hand that led that Suns team to the finals. Kevin Duckworth was an all-star the year they went to the finals. Arenas wasn't bad, hit big shots in his career and had some playoff success. Tmac and Oneal in their prime? You don't want anything to do with Ellis or Granger? I'm sure there are many guys I am leaving out that were good players. All-star caliber players. Ask the Pacers if they are willing to trade Granger for a scrub. These guys were often either the top player or the second best player on their squad. Does that answer you?

9. dreamrockets

dreamrockets Member

Trevor for Lee is the major reason for the failure of our early season. Cannot support the AP more.

10. rv2843

rv2843 Member

This is Rick's fault who overplays the players who can not defend/block shoots and close out 4th Q, and who refuses to play players who are athletic but young.

This is Rick's fault who overplayed Yao 35min+ in back to back games, and every fan can easily spot Yao is TO prone in 4th Q while exhausted.

Is Rick overrated? Who knows? But Rockets are supposed to be the deepest team and it can't even manage float above 500 mark?!

To me, this is coach's fault who can NOT figure how to manage minutes to gain a few wins.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I needed a good laugh. Thx :grin:

12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Does anyone notice that the 2010 Rockets team now shows the play and style of Coach Adelman, the team runs around mostly without team play being a vital part of the success. Occasionally Martin manages to take control and take the part of a scoring machine. In the early season AB, Adelman forced him to try and become a play maker, the only thing I noticed is that AB last years start player became no longer as our scoring guard.

Our Coach needs to have the team playing the their talent to the best God given ability, not changing them into Adelman molds of the Adelman Kings.

For instant, even Yao needs to be back to playing mainly the position of the traditional Center and stop trying to be another copy of Vlade ... you know who
    Adelman needs quickly to make change to the team as soon as AB comes back to play!:p

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Using insulting NICKNAMES in place of real names, that is SO clever and EFFECTIVE in getting the criticism across

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

14. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

You cant detect any sarcasm eh :rolleyes:

15. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Wow you made me remember something very critical .......

I betcha you guys remember what happened to the Rox when our starting backcourt leads the league in scoring ..... :rolleyes:

16. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Last season was such a success and was filled with such hope because we had a low salary team with Yao coming off the books this season. When you start paying a role player like Kyle Lowry $6 million a year and don't extend your starter, this is what happens. What will happens next, is anyone's guess, but I could see Brooks leaving and then us having Lowry as our starter, which is disgusting as everyone's hopefully been able to see up to this point. So now, not only do we not have a star player, but what we do have is a roster with quality bench players on their way to making $6 million a year, and a player in Kevin Martin, making $14 million per year for four more years. We don't have any salary flexibility now and we may have our best player, Brooks, possibly leaving just to keep Kyle Lowry, which makes no sense. To me, this is what sums it up and why some of us were a bit hopeful last season, but not this season. Kyle Lowry appears to be a Vin Baker lite (or is he light?). As a Rockets fan, this sucks. Morey was totally on the right track and needs to dump Lowry's contract now in order to get back on that track. What this organization seriously needs to do is to stop treating it's players like garbage. We should have kept McGrady and not traded him and Landry for Martin, who looks like a desperation move in hindsight. His offense is better than good, in fact, great, but his defense is unacceptable by NBA standards. I don't like these Adelman moves either. I'm not sure how many of you do, but they don't appear very "forward-thinking" or "progressive" at all. It's Morey's move now. I reckon that he deserves a chance to fix it, but if we get tied up in more bad long-term moves, as was the case in the Carroll Dawson era sans loyalty to players, then it's time to move on.

17. GMNot

GMNot Member

I'm a pretty patient person... but so far Lee is not as billed. :(

18. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

It will be chaotic in Rocketsville if we lose to the Nashless suns .... Heck even the no O all D Bobcats routed them.