1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao's next contract, wherever it may be

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-TownBBall, Nov 18, 2010.

1. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Forgot one last thing, it was not like the Rockets had plenty of opportunities to get rid of Yao, after that injury no one in the league would have taken him and guess what he had a multi-year contract.

You can't just wave your hand and say "Ok the contract is gone!"

2. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Oh no you have insulted the man, hes taking notes now ....

Question is what if he pull a Lattrell Spreewel :eek:

3. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

a contract will always need two people to sign.......

you can say you don't want yao, but remember Yao does not have to choose us either

In my opinion, in the worst case senario, Yao never recovers to his old self, I think the rockets' priority should still be trying to resign Yao for as cheap as possible before they look for a trade

i guess a servicable big guy's importance is more than you guys saying you don't want yao could understand.

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

DOES THAT MEAN YOU, KNOTE32, CARL HERRARE,WEKKO and other YOF's will follow him to the Lakers as well?

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

7 million a year on a annual based contract.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

How often was he heathy again? Yao signed to max money had become a poison contract by injury number 3, nobody just wants to admit it because Yao is a hard worker, had a solid fan base and the franchise was making money off him off the court.

Look at Greg Oden, he's also a solid guy WHEN HEALTHY. Did the Trailblazers pick his extension up in hopes he will be healthy and lead his team in the playoffs? Unless you're Yao Ming and a cash cow, franchises will always look for ways to dump their oft injured big men, esp. if they're making the max money and tying up valuable capspace while sitting on the bench in a suit.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well worst case scenario is Yao Ming retires, which he should do for his own health if he doesn't recover. I don't necessarily think Yao needs to be traded, if he doesn't injure himself this season like I said I think DM will offer him Scola money to stay.

8. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Pfff it is not hard to understand, when Yao got his monster contract he was a 20/10 guy, again, you can't just ignore the fact that he has a contract just because you won't him gone.

No GM in their right mind wound touch Yao Ming unless it is for pocket change and they certainly won't offer the Rockets a fair deal.

Lol @ Oden, has he averaged over 13 points?

9. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

No, but maybe you can **** off, all you do is hate on Yao, you don't even care about the Rockets.

10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I was a fan long ago before you even heard of the Rockets. I cant stand folks who put their players agenda before the Rockets. We were fine before Yao and we will be fine after he leaves.

11. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Exactly, if you could read I said he should leave the Rox or we should sign him for pocket change.

Cheer on the Rockets for once, all your posts are about Yao, do you love him or something?

12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Finish this.

13. acyrocks

acyrocks Member

The only thing you do on this board is hating Yao. It's funny to hear that you call yourself a Rockets fan.

14. Raven

Raven Member

Yao's agent will ask for the max, and Les will probably give it to him.

:(

15. 11+1

11+1 Member

Exactly.

16. 11+1

11+1 Member

That 4 AB.

17. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

I actually feel like Yao's retirement would be the best case scenario. I don't give a full recovery much hope, and even if that happens, Yao will still be a liability in certain areas.

I don't see a trade happening due to the financial aspects. If we trade Yao, we lose 95% of the Chinese fan base to whatever team he goes to. If Yao wins a championship elsewhere, then Yao will be remember as a member of that team then of our own. But if Yao retires, we lose some of the Chinese, but even at 50% that's a win.

And no, I don't care that much about Les's finances, but the reality is that doing good business is good for the game. The two go hand in hand.

And yes, I realize that we lose out on incoming assets if Yao retires (assuming he doesn't retire before the deadline), but you can't win'em all. Are defense will continue to suffer, but there will be no more crutch of waiting till Yao comes back. We will likely be a lottery team for a year or two, but we'll be out of win now mode and giving ourselves the time to really develop a strong lasting team.

18. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

No he hasn't its been the 24 min cap that has really stopped the cohesion needed for this team to get going.

Yao has yet to show any ill effects from the foot surgery, I just think the majority of this board is still traumatized from the McGrady fiasco, and expect the same thing to come from Yao. Which is for him to be completely done and have nothing left in the tank... SMH

Give Yao at least until mid-season before declaring that he can no longer play for this team... sheesh ...

--RB

19. tracymingreedy

tracymingreedy Contributing Member

A lot of "rockets fans" would rather enjoy seeing him leave.

20. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

I actually think you are wrong. If the surgery proves successful and he can play 28-30 mins again @ 70+ games a season, he is a legitimate center who is always going to be needed.

You do not have a lot of Center choices left. Folks thinking we would get Marc Gasol..........your smoking weed. Grizzle are going to do what ever they can to re-sign him.

Other than that....who else we going to get......Erik Dampier, Brad Miller (tried that)....Joey Dorsey....or wait Jordan Hill who still looks lost out there...I know an athletic big who can move and be like Dwight Howard (those are growing on the tree).

If Yao can be signed to a reasonable contract and finish out this year with no 0 major injuries, I say the Rockets should sign him.

He value is @ an all time low, but it can only go up. If he gets a major injury, he is retiring....end of story.

If we simply let him go, we let value go because Brad Miller/Hill or even Hayes is not our future starting center....and Dwight Howard or any decent Center ain't walking through that door unless we overpay or draft.