1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hinrich, why not?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dartherus, Nov 18, 2010.

1. ILoveTheRockets

I can comprende amigo that I wasn't even talking or commenting to you.

I do comprende that Hinrich is not better than Brooks period... you do comprende that, Amigo?

2. htown11

htown11 Member

It would be a good trade for the Rockets. Kirk is a smart player, but again I think he would benefit with Yao on the court..... and it's not like we ever know what's going on with Yao. ;)

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

We want young talent to build around not Kirk Heinrich. I'm sorry guys but we're not making any championship runs anytime soon, what's the point/

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I like hinrich,just not for 9m. He's decent,but i would rather upgrade the 3 spot and maybe the 5 spot before touching him. The rockets need to get out of the mindset about who plays well with yao. Yao might retire due to injury or something else. Just get the best players and go from there.

5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I don't think it going to happen, Lowry will not accept the trade and the Wizards might not even want to trade Hinrich.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why does the poster have to be hispanic?

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Why?

he is worse than any other PG on this team

8. lalala902102001

Why not? Because he's making 9 and 8 million dollars for this and next season.

9. worzel gummidge

Such a contract could be beneficial to the Rockets. As their salary situation doesn't allow them to sign a superstar level player this off-season even if they don't re-sign Yao.

Hinrich would give them an expiring deal to explore trades for a max contract player.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree he is not better, but he might fit better with the starting lineup....

:)

However, I am a Brooks supporter....

I don't know if he/she is or isn't.....why do you care?

DD

11. van chief

van chief Member

A co worker of mine has been talking about this for weeks, initially I was against it but a point gaurd with his size and D is something we could use, if it was for Lowry.

Hinrich's numbers are comparable to Lowry's, although he plays more min per game. Hinrich is a much better 3pnt shooter, and he has been in the league 3 years longer than Lowry.

From 2009

Lowery, 6ft 205lb
    MIN 24
    FG% 39.7
    3PT% 27.2
    FT% 82.7
    ASST 4.49
    TO 1.71
    PNTS 9.12

Lowry

Hinrich 6ft 4in, 195lb
    MIN 33.53
    FG% 40.9
    3PT% 37.1
    FT% 75.2
    ASST 4.46
    TO 1.53
    PNTS 10.88

Hinrich

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

whatever is remaining on 9 this yr.. 8 next year..

[​IMG]

13. hotdamn

hotdamn Member

Wizards decided to get Kirk after they drafted Wall. They felt Kirk can help Wall develop. I do not think the Wizards will decide to trade him to the Rockets.

14. ILoveTheRockets

DD

Hinrich would not fit with this team, At All. If you thought Lowry sucked with this group of players, then you would bury your head in the sand if Hinrich was on the squad.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That's my feeling as well.

16. hm70

hm70 Member

I love Hinrich...
    Hinrich good PG...
    We need Hinrich

17. worzel gummidge

Bulls salary dumped Kirk to make room for two max free agents. What the Wiz got out of it was the Bulls first round pick (17th).

18. dartherus

dartherus Member

Could you ellaborate how a player with better D even than Lowry, good 3p shooter and with higher BB IQ than Brooks and Lowry together....would not fit in this team?

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Heinrich is a lot like Brooks, an shoot first pg. Unlike Brooks though Heinrich can pass and create at an average level. However Heinrich would also be making 8M this year and 9M next year. That kind of money for a shoot first pg with average playmaking skills is not a good idea.

20. eman

eman Contributing Member

If Yao can get back to drawing double-teams, Hinrich would be great. Of course, the same could be said for AB. Hinrich's D > AB's D. Heck, we could surround Yao with shooters: AB, KM, CB... Of course, as always, Yao is the "Big IF."