1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gilbert Arenas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davestrate, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Gilbert went to leading politician for the Wizards to being an uncomfortable player and afraid he gets booed at. Did you see him in that game? The man was obviously timid, if it weren't for the salary I'd be all for it. Or maybe not. He's still not a pass first point..

2. tfvic

tfvic Member

**** YOU!

3. hodgo

hodgo Contributing Member

in a heart beat

4. davestrate

davestrate Member

I think it would, we've had the priviledge of having their defense far too long making the rockets extremely boring to say the least, new blood is what this team needs. Lee brought a little of that but more is needed.

5. Htown's2kFinest

Don't the Magic want him..

6. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I'm sorry, but what happens if a player doesn't take his player option? Is it essentially the same as a ETO?

Btw Arenas could be a hard-worker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOGNWTvLvgE

Watch the first half of this video. I only it's very old, but as you can see when Arenas was entering his prime(before injuries) he was a very hard worker. He worked on his shot which is pretty much what his game was based on. He seems like he WILL take the last shot if needed to, and when he does it he doesn't jump Reggie Miller style or Jordan style. He also is for the fans, as you can see he gave his jersey to a cancer(?) patient.

I wouldnt say take arenas just cause of one random video, but to say Arenas is not a hard worker and a cancer is disrespectful. Arenas is just scared and lost all confidence. Once(if) he gets his personality he could be a great starting PG.

I blame stern. Arenas was having a nice season last year before the incident.

7. lionaire

lionaire Member

Then we can package Arenas and AB for CP3?

8. davestrate

davestrate Member

They may have the pieces to get a deal done but no way the Wizards want any of that. They'd be getting the same thing back, overpaid old junkies such as Lewis or Carter

9. makman

makman Member

Blame Stern for him bringing a gun into the locker room?? Yea Stern is the reason for that. And all you said is that he WAS a hard worker and could be, so could any pg in the NBA. And every player visits hospitals and does community service it's part of their contract.... And disrespectful to Arenas? I don't care he gets injured a lot meaning he doesn't work hard enough to earn his 20+ mill and after last year I'd say he isn't cancerous to a team, make that an entire organization.

10. makman

makman Member

So you agree Arenas is an "overpaid old junkie"? I'd take carter or lewis over him in a heartbeat.

11. davestrate

davestrate Member

What's going to end up happening is Arenas is going to excell as a Wizard to the point where his market value will rise and their asking price may be more than just expirings. At that point they'll make the playoffs and cause some heat in the Eastern conference. Think about Gilbert Arenas, Josh Howard, Blatche, and Wall and the rest of them athletic young guns.

12. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

no no no no the gun thing was completely Arenas fault and he deserved the 50 year suspension. Blame Stern for making Arenas into his dog and making Arenas timid. If Arenas wasn't so scared, dude would be a nice player barring injuries.

Calm down

13. davestrate

davestrate Member

THANK YOU

14. makman

makman Member

Very calm ;). He's a pro baller no reason he should be scared, especially from David Stern. What did Stern do to him? And an athlete without confidence is just any other player I'd at least see if he returns to his old self.

15. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

With how much is left on his contract, he is never going to have a positive value.

16. makman

makman Member

Exactly. Washington just wants to get him off the books as quick as possible. But who knows maybe he can return to being a star, just wouldn't want to be stuck with him if he doesn't. Tmac all over again....

17. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

If you are trying to make fun of people by posting this your an idiot. Oh and I dont think anyone says "dawg" anymore. Next time just a simple "No Thanks" would work.

18. davestrate

davestrate Member

Lewis- Ill refresh your memory some....passed on him on draft day, ignored his plea the whole time he was in seattle about wanting to play for houston, and wouldnt pay him big right before he spurned us for the magic. What on earth makes you think he'd want to play here and better yet why pay him now as opposed to back then? Not to mention: sucks on defense and is one dimensional being shooting 3's.

Carter- I would have taken him in a trade for McGrady and i was in fact in favor of that possible trade back then but now having Kevin Martin on the team makes him useless. He's getting older and has arguably lost a step. Plus the magic are not making him available and definitely not for peanuts as is Arenas.

I beg to differ but I wouldnt take Lewis or not anymore, as for Carter it would be a tossup. In all honesty i respect your decision but i'd roll with Agent 0 on that one.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I like the way he plays and all, but the gun thing was and still is funny to me. The crapping in somebody elses shoes, not so much. Then after coming off of suspension, he's suspended a few games for something else. Just plain bad judgement for a man in his position

20. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

That's classic! Even the midget in background is laughting his ass off! ;) :grin: