1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS Sports] Rockets Interested in Kevin Love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Raven, Nov 11, 2010.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

There's no space for him even if we get him. Love doesn't play D so he'll be benched in favor of Chuck Hayes and Jeffries, and eeryone would be calling this trade a bust.

2. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Youre a Yao fan and angry because i insulted you'r god. Yaoforever more like it.

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Please tell me your being sarcastic and my sarcasm meter is broken because you NEVER...EVERRRRRRRR....put Morey and Kahn in the same sentence unless a trade is involved. This man drafted 10 pgs in one draft including one that had NO intentions of playing in Minnesota and signed DARKO FREAKING MILICIC FOR 20 MILLION DOLLARS.

[​IMG]

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Love is the 2nd best instinctive rebounder I believe in the league just behind Blake Griffin.

Actually Love is more instinctual, but Griffin is quicker.....

Nice to see some guys coming in and busting their butts on the boards.

DD

5. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

31 pts 31 rebs wow.....indeed!

6. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Imagine how Memphis GM and fans are feeling now ... :p

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

And by the way, Kevin Love was acquired by Kevin McHale, not Kahn.

1 person likes this.
  8. kty

kty Member

The following is from Kevin’s blog after their Kings and Lakers games:

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyway, when I'm grabbing a lot of rebounds, I'm definitely aware of it, but mostly what I'm thinking to myself is, "Keep going to the glass, keep going to the glass." Because one thing you can always do is rebound. If you aren't getting your shots, or you're not working your way into the offense, you can always go to the glass. We have some pretty good shooters on this team but even the best players only shoot 50 percent, so you have to go for every rebound.

For me, rebounding is all a mindset. My dad told me back in the day that there is no such thing as a selfish rebound because it's a team stat. If you have to fight one of your own teammates for a rebound, do it—as long as you get it. Also, I studied the greats. Dennis Rodman had it figured out: he knew that most shots are going to come to the other side of the rim. So that's how I position myself. And Bill Russell always used to say that 80 percent of rebounds are below the rim. I'm not the kind of guy who's going to jump and touch the top of the square every time. I use my body for positioning, and I work relentlessly underneath the rim. You don't have to be the most athletic guy in the world to get a bunch of rebounds, so I just try and take what my dad said to heart, what Rodman said to heart, and most importantly what Bill Russell said to heart. He's got 11 championship rings so I think he knows what he's talking about.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/201010/kevin-love-will-tear-us-apart-gq-blog

He has certainly learned the art of rebounding well from previous greats like Russell and Rodman, and I hope our young guys will learn that too, not only the skills, but more importantly, the mindset.

2 people like this.
  9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

That Rox.

10. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

ROFL, do a search on my posts first if you can. Unlike an idiot like you, I don't come here to hate. And I don't come here to worship either. I called you out because you are a known hater whose only purpose here is to hate and use every single chance to diss a Rocket player. Alright, now do the search on my posts and start reading now. And then come back to read the remaining of my post.

So what did you find out huh? You must feel so r****ded now. What have I said about Yao Ming lately? Do you see a dumb ass in your mirror?

If you can read (obviously you can't), I am questioning how in the world we can get Kevin Love. What does that have to do with Yao Ming? What's next? Are you going to say we should find a way to get Lebron James? If you still cannot see how dumb you are, there is not much I can help you.

Let me tell you what. It is not easy to come here to hate because people will call you out. And then you will feel like a fool. This is exactly what is happening to you now.

1 person likes this.
  11. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I guess a lot of people are ignoring the fact that the Rockets got an "icy response."

12. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Two words: David Kahn.

Anything is possible.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's the reason Scola is a terrific rebounder, considering his lack of athleticism and his height. Nice find, kty. :cool:

14. Happii

Happii Member

So you're saying you would rather play an overpaid and to be honest a pretty crappy player (Jeffries) and an undersized forward/center (Hayes) over a player who has the potential to achieve greatness. Also has the shot at the rebounding title with Dwight.

Man what are you smoking...