1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS Sports] Rockets Interested in Kevin Love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Raven, Nov 11, 2010.

1. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I dont' really pay much attention outside the Rockets and Cavs.

All I see on Twitter from sports writers is how good Love is playing but Minnesota doesn't play him enough. I took a look and he only averages 28 minutes.

What's up with that?

[​IMG]

2. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

To say it in your words, Child Please.

What is this assumption that Rubio's defense is bad? The kid got an award for it! Give me a break he is a good defender.

3. karmapolice119

Not sure if the salaries match but how about:

Brooks + bud + hill + jefferies

For love + Darko + rubio

Lowry/smith/Rubio
    Martin/lee
    Battier/Taylor
    Scola/love
    Yao/Darko/love

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Love is not a 39% shooter no more than Chase is a 20% 3 point shooter. It's only a blip in his career. He's already proven he's gonna shoot 45% from the field and that is taking into account him shooting the 3-ball. He also gets to the line a ton. At 22, he is already a markedly efficient offensive player. He is cerebral. And he is highly skilled. I just don't see a place for him here, unless we are moving Scola out for an upgrade somewhere else. And I believe Scola has to approve a trade, doesn't he?

Perhaps we are working on a bigger deal, shipping out our expirings, our two first rounders, and perhaps Brooks for Rubio, Love, an injured Webster, and other Minny trash?

5. eman

eman Contributing Member

Hmmm... You might be right! Our expirings are Yao, Aaron, Shane-- anyone else?

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I think its interesting that we hear Morey is interested in Bosh, then Varejao, then Love.

Perhaps he isn't as high on Scola as some of us.

7. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I like Kevin Love. He has great potential moving forward.

But why in the hell would we give Scola $8 million a year then immediately go after someone else? IMO Scola is a keeper.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Or he just think we need someone to play the "Carl Landry"-- i.e. a 2nd reliable PF (Jordan Hill is too inconsistent right now) who brings something different to the table.

9. kty

kty Member

Love is not very athletic, but he is a smart player, and is always willing to mix it up under the basket.

In the NBA, he reminds me a little bit of Dave Cowens of the old Celtics. Both are about 6’9”, with a wide body, and both can rebound well and score from inside and outside the paint. What impressed me the most is their ability to throw quick pinpoint outlet passes after grabbing defensive rebounds, and this is almost a lost art among today’s NBA big men. But like someone said earlier, it’s unlikely that the Timberwolves will ever let him go.

10. lionaire

lionaire Member

I could just imagine Love pulling down a rebound and delivering a full court chest pass to a streaking Courtney Lee for a easy slam. All in under 3 seconds.

11. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Love would be a good fit imo he'd be out 6th man. Talks must have been for Hill/Patterson and maybe our swap NY pick.

12. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I get this feeling their looking for that Landry type closer player and Love fits that description. It's good to hear staying pat is not an option any more.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Jeffries as well.

14. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I don't know if Love fits that description as a "closer" in the fourth. He's more of a "stretch 4" (with range out to the 3-point line) who can also rebound (very well) and pass (very well).

I remember that when Kevin Love was coming out of UCLA, he was being touted as potentially being one of the best outlet passers of all time. He would be an ideal big man for a team looking to run, since he can rebound and start the fast break with a pass probably better than most players in the league (Yao included).

If the Rockets had a big man rotation of Yao/Scola/Love for the next several years, I'd be just fine with that.

15. eman

eman Contributing Member

Saleem, Thank you.

I heard that Kevin Love's middle name is Wesley, after Wes Unseld, who threw amazing outlet passes.

16. RedGlare07

RedGlare07 Member

I tend to agree, especially with that first part. Don't really view him as a closer.

17. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Well, i think by looking at who will be available in the market after this season (Oden, Green, Landry, Stucky, Young, etc...), they will want to unload cap space with Love to be a major player on the market AND they'll want our picks too. Something along the lines of both picks including the NY swap, Jeffries, Battier, Hill, Patterson for Love, Webster, Milicic AND Pecovic that makes some sence imo. Just reading the article it saids: 'Rockets exploring options for Love' so nothing has been put out on the table as of yet.

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

R we really going to get this guy or what?

19. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

Rubio behind Ish?! :rolleyes:
    you think Rubio's gonna leave Europe to ride the pine on a 1-6 team?

20. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Can you imagine him and scola at the PF position, those two guys would be rebounding machines, I would love to see him as a rocket.