1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

H1N1 Vaccine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Feb 10, 2010.

1. jcantu

jcantu Contributing Member

Big difference between having an allergic response to a vaccine and having an unrelated viral/bacterial illness (or a vaccine related side effect). If you don't know the difference, you probably shouldn't be giving people advice not to get a vaccine.

2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

If you are referring to me then address me. I don't really care if someone gets the shot or not, hence the smiley face. Yes there is a big difference in having a Viral/bacterial illness and an allergic reaction. But you should be informed on what is in the vaccine regardless. It is pertinent because some people get sick due to the shot. Maybe you should pay closer attention to what was said

3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i didnt get the vaccine and i didnt get swine flu. infact, i didnt get any kind of flu shot and i havent been sick in over a year. to take it further, outside of the dentists office i havent had any kind of shot whatsoever since 1999, when i was student teaching and had to get a TB shot.

i see people all around me constantly sick and yet im feeling the most healthy ive ever been in my life. last summer i made a conscious effort to start eating better, which mainly means cooking more and less eating out. ive always been a bbq'er, but ive learned how to get creative w/ veggies and even make soups. and i drink a fresh fruit smoothie almost every morning (orange, banana and strawberry). as a reasult, im eating more - always been thin - im 6'3'' and went from 175 to 190 lbs. and i used to have severe allergies and this season, which was one of the worst on record for cedar here in austin, i had no major problems. and i used to get sick twice a year (usually around now and in sept/oct), but i havent been sick since last january.

basically what im trying to say is, i dont needs your stinkin' vaccines! since i have been following the concept of 'you are what you eat' ive never been healthier.

4. mic

mic Contributing Member

I got the regular flu shot last year but got the H1N1 vaccine just recently (maybe a week or so ago?) and didn't suffer from any side effects. My arm wasn't even very sore, and the regular flu shot always makes my arm sore for about two days.

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Geez, I got the flu shot this year and it includes the H1N1 in it and I am sick yet again. I guess I wouldn't really call it sick but my throat is all jacked up and my chest is congested. I'm not running fever or nauseated or anything like that. I gave blood a few days after getting the vaccine and the center and the website stated that it's OK to donate after getting vaccinated as long as you are symptom free and no fever. I don't want to blame the vaccine because I am very pro vaccination but sheesh it's 2 for 2 now. Of course, I guess that is the easiest thing to blame too. :(

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Flu vaccination does not prevent common cold. Different viruses.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

to echo Zboy...if you had the flu, you'd have a fever....likely a high fever. flu shots only protect against the flu.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Can you get H1N1 again if you have already had it? I have heard different answers and nothing definite. I'm just curious since I did get it last year.

9. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Idiots, vaccines will give you effects of inflammation and some other effects, but you won't be getting the flu from the flu shot.

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I got the H1N1 for free at a clinic last year, the nose spray one...plan to get my flu shot at my dr.'s office next week...i always feel the symptoms after I get a flu shot but it subsides..i hate shots

11. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I'm not saying that the flu shot is supposed to protect me against catching a cold, hell the flu shot doesn't guarantee that you will NOT get the flu it only lessens your chances. I just find it frustrating that the past two years I have received the vaccine, it's been followed by the symptoms posted.

12. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Are you sure it's not allergies? Maybe this is just one crazy coincidence that you're getting the shot right before you're having allergy problems.