1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Medal Of Honor Or Black Ops Or Both?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hilltopper, Oct 11, 2010.

1. AGBee

AGBee Member

[​IMG]

The next game looks sick.

1 person likes this.
  2. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Ps3 and 360 versions brand new sealed of black ops for $30 a pop. Call 832-891-0766 bronson, let him know middleman sent you his way.

3. ontherox21

ontherox21 Member

If anybody gets the chance to play it on a 3D TV, I highly recommend it. Totally changes the experience and makes it more life like. It makes it like you're actually looking down a scope. Of all the 3D games I have tried, this one is the best.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I feel like Modern Warfare 2 just came out. How can I justify this purchase if it is essentially the same game with minor tweeks?

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Hey guys, just a heads up...

i'll be posting a thread in the classifieds as well, but I had to buy another copy of the game today. My order with amazon went to the wrong place, so I bought another game to play just for tonight. It's on the 360, and I would have no use for it after tonight. So basically, I will be selling it after today. Literally, i'll only play for like 4-6 hours so the game will be basically new. I'm willing to accept offers. I don't know what would be reasonable. Maybe something like 50 dollars? If you want to offer something else email me through the board. That being said, please someone take this off my hands :grin:

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Toys R Us has a gift card deal for games bought this week. 20$ if you buy one game, 50$ if you buy two.

7. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

To be completely honest, it's very similar to MW2. The multiplayer experience is essentially the same in both games, aside from the incentive system in Black Ops ("Wager" game mode).

The campaign's entertaining, but nothing out of the ordinary for CoD. If you're expecting to be blown away with the new game, it's not gonna happen. It's standard CoD with slightly upgraded graphics, a couple of new weapons, different maps, and a new game mode where you can gamble your hard-earned CoD points.

If you're a serious fan of the series, it's a must buy. Otherwise, I'd recommend 2k11 or even Red Dead Redemption. Both were rated higher by IGN, and have received positive reviews across the board.

8. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    After an initial play through, it's nothing like mw2 at all. I'll post a more detailed review later

10. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

multiplayer just feels so laggy omg

11. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Probably halfway through campaign and im loving it. Played a good bit of multiplayer and loved that too. And zombies is as addicting as ever.

Also, while its nothing radically different, it does feel different than Modern Warfare 2 a bit, and my friends I was playing with agreed. It also seems more balanced overall. And I love the wager matches and point system and contracts and stuff.

If you enjoyed MW2 at all, its definitely worth getting. Complete package too, everything so far has been good, campiagn, multiplayer, and zombies

12. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Everything about this game is perfect. (Except for those ******* RC-XD's)

Theater mode is awesome. Nothing beats re-watching your best games.

13. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

Luckily nukes are out because choppers are beasts. They took out cold blooded so you die over and over again, even using "ghost". And they seem to stay in the air an awful long time.

My friends and I had many problems staying connected and playing together.

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Dude, dont know where youre getting this from...like I stated earlier...it feels and plays almost nothing like MW2. Its so refreshingly nice to not die from a cheap kill.

Another cool feature of the game is that you can watch anyone's games from the last 7 days. Go to a buddy or type in a name and you have access to their games.

Hamza...you and your boy are going nuts...chill out with the k/d ratios and bring them back down to earth...well into the 2+ is ridiculous...specially in this game where killstreaks dont play as big of a role as in MW2.

AK74 and the famas are pretty nice.

Also, out of the 30+ times Ive had a care package...I think only 3-4 times Ive received a killstreak that required 5 or more kills. Every other award has either been ammo, uav, or counter uav. So, theyve definitely toned down the rewards. Another plus.

15. gezza

gezza Member

Everyone's experiencing lag/FPS issues on the PC version. I can tolerate buggy games on launch...even REALLY buggy ones like Fallout New Vegas, but I'm not impressed when a game is practically unplayable.

16. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

yea, exactly, i was digging for a while for some miracle configs that i can input into the console, but just running around with 60-90 ping, which is about the average on most of my games, it just feels terrible

medal of honor did not have these problems at launch... treyarch failing hard right now

17. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

I'm shaking/peeing with anticipation.

18. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

I got a 37 kill streak last night.

19. DarylMoney

DarylMoney Member

Cool story bro :cool:

20. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Black Ops is just completely amazing right now. The multiplayer experience is so completely balanced that its unbelievable. I decided to play a few missions on the campaign to get used to interface, graphics, guns, etc. And the campagin was awesome too.

Reasons why Black Ops wins already:

No commando.
    No danger close noobs.
    No tactical knifing.
    No tactical nukes.

YES!!!!