1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Chargers @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Yeah Steve Crosby needs to be fired immediately.

Just my .02 on the Texans. Incredibly talented team (best WR in the league, top.. 6? QB, amazing young HB) but has porous management and cannot finish. Since watching the Texans I only remember two comebacks, Miami and Washington. Also it doesen't help that you play in the toughest division in football. I'm just hoping you guys can fix the defense, which player for player, is not bad at all. In fact, you guys have more talent than we do on defense. Demeco Ryans, Cushing, Pollard, Williams all very, very good players. The only players on our D that i can honestly say have that "awe" talent are Phillips and Cason. Weddle, Jammer and Castillo are above average. The rest are scrubs who are playing great as a unit which, and that is what I think is missing from your team on defense. Wilson and Jackson are all over the place, Cushing seems to be confused in the ILB position.. Teams are double teaming Williams... I don't know. You also need Daniels back, when healthy he can be a top 5 TE.

Talent is def. not the problem though.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

So basically, the problem is the scheme and coaching. Yeah, we know.

Fire Frank Bush :(

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You're right. On the surface, this doesn't look bad at all. Still a lot of football to play.

The problem is, there are no Miami's, St Louis', or Seattle's on the schedule this year to finish strong against. We've already blown the games against those types of opponents (dallas, San Diego, Indy with half their roster hurt). Looking at the schedule, I see us at 5-9 going into Denver the day after Christmas. MAYBE 6-8.

So IMO saying it's not time to panic because we're only a game out of 1st place is kind of like being on the Titanic after it hits the iceberg and saying everything is fine because we're still above water.

BTW, I am NOT for firing Kubiak midseason. Doesn't accomplish anything.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Simply put, there are no easy games left on the schedule.

In fact, there are only 2 games, on the surface, which even appear winnable, and that would be vs JAX and @ Denver.

I would not be shocked if this team went 2-6 to finish the year, at all.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'm not for firing Kubiak midseason, but I am for firing Frank Bush midseason and putting in an interim guy. Because there is nowhere to go but up on defense.

6. MandM's

MandM's Member

My chargers! Sorry texans....after living in SD for 8 terrible football years...I am glad to see them winning again.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

2009: 13-3
    2008: 8-8
    2007: 11-5
    2006: 14-2
    2005: 9-7
    2004: 12-4
    2003: 4-12
    2002: 8-8

One losing season in the last 8 years with 5 playoff appearances.

I'll trade you?

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

You will get no pity here.

As shown above, wtf is 'terrible' to you?

9. msn

msn Member

Some great perspective! Now, what do you think Pirates and Royals fans think of Astros fans when they groan and moan about their franchise? :grin:

10. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

Mike Pereira, the former NFL vp of officiating seems to think it was a TD by Foster.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...-caught-in-the-Calvin-Johnson-?urn=nfl-283905