1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Hill our future starting Center???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JMAD21, Nov 7, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Hill's athleticism is definitely there. He needs to bulk up though.

2. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I would love it if he ended up being Tyson Chandler at his peak... and without the chronic foot problems. What would be wrong with that?

3. mackzone

mackzone Member

Chandler was selected with the 2nd pick overall...

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

If Hill sprinkled in a 12 point 13 board game from time to time...i'd be happy. ;)

5. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

If the last 6 games are any indication, the Rockets are much closer to rebuilding than contending. No team in that situation would choose a Chuck Hayes, J. Jeffries, B. Miller, or Dampier over Jordan Hill.

He is young, he has a lot of potential and seems to be smart, but needs to play more to develop. I'm not saying start him now, but I am saying give him some minutes, not just clean up minutes. Then if the Rockets are still south-side of 0.500 come the 25-30 game mark, they should look to develop him instead of starting the guys who will not get any better.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The Rockets are most likely shaping him to be sort of Joakim Noah/ Andersen Varajeo type of player (NOT JUST THE HAIRCUT). I assure you that he isnt what they are banking on for the next Hakeem or even Yao.

I do believe though that he can be the starting Center for this team if he becomes stronger in the lower body. He has become much more improved at shot blocking and his positioning has improved, but Im still not sure he could battle someone like Dwight Howard or Shaq in the post on a game to game basis. But Im sure Hawks fans thought the same of Al Horford.

7. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Your point being what?

Regardless of their draft position, if Jordan Hill could give us 5 seasons of Ty Chandler's peak, and all it took to acquire him (and KMart and draft picks) was Carl Landry and TMac's corpse... again, what's not to like?

In 07-08, Chandler was a 12 & 12 guy. I'll take that.

8. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

His point being that you, moron, said Jordan will not live up to his 8th pick potential, and then said he will live up to 2nd pick potential, since you said he'll be Tyson Chandler, who was a 2nd pick.

Understand?

9. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

That doesn't change the fact 6'11 is not too small to play center! Half the league has a 6'11 or shorter player at Center!

10. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Don't think it's his height but more his bulk, the guy's frame is to small to bang with true centers. Saying that, they're not to many "TRUE" centers in the league anymore so playing him at the five, some of the time, is a good move.

11. BradMiller

BradMiller Member

Scuse you but did you forget about somebody?

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

You probably think everyone is forgetting about Patrick Patterson. Nope. Patterson -- not Hill -- will be the trade bait to go along with Battier or Jeffries.

I hope we can keep Jeffries for half his current annual salary. His defensive flexibility, skills and height would then make him more of a contribution than Shane. Again, I hope Shane retires in favor of becoming an Adelman assistant coach.

13. BradMiller

BradMiller Member

Sorry, I think you had a few typos.