1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 Denver Nuggets Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nuggets4, Aug 12, 2010.

1. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member

Our team needs a leader. My question is can Melo handle that leadership? Can he keep poise in communicating with the big fella and international players like luis scola. Things I believe frustrated stacy mclady. :confused:

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Nuggs, I have heard more than once nene will be shipped with anthony to the nets for favors,williams,murphy, and other fillers including picks. Now, carl h. has stated many times about getting seperate value for nene and to a point i agree, but i've been told he's part of the salary dumpinga nd offers the nuggets a better chance to hit the reset button on salaries quicker.

3. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

OK, sorry for the delay everyone. I was in North Dakota for work for most of last week. Anyway, I see there are 10,000,000 Melo threads right now and honestly I'm not going to read most of them. Here's what I know:

* There are three front-runners for Melo right now. I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised with their offers, and over the moon excited about one of them in particular.
    * I seriously doubt the Nugs trade Nene. Front office is high on him.
    * I doubt JR is going anywhere either - at least right now.
    * You can not find a salad to save your life in North Dakota.

I just want this damn thing over.

4. Convictedstupid

So you are fairly positive he will be gone before training camp?

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Just to clear up, these are offers from teams Melo will approve an extension with, right? As in, this whole ordeal could get wrapped up real quickly.

6. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Are the three offers from teams that the Nuggets want to trade him to, or teams that Melo will sign an extension with?

7. Nuggets4

I am. Part of it might just be wishful thinking on my part (I just want this thing over with), but I've been saying for a while now that I thought Melo had played his last game in a Nugs jersey. I can't imagine him sticking around. The fans have turned on him and he WILL be booed 41 games a year if he doesn't go anywhere.

I don't know for certain. I know one of the teams has supposedly been "cleared" by Melo for a trade. Don't know about the other two though.

8. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

hmm... my guess would be NJ

9. Convictedstupid

So the Nets, Kings, Wolves thing was true?

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Okay. I'm guessing it must be NJ with the offer of Favors+Williams+possibly a pick? Because I can't imagine the Knicks coming up with anything you like, unless you're really high on Gallo. Nor would Orlando have any good assets to trade.

If it's really NJ, then all I can say is WTF!? That would be a team that screams 1st round exits for the entire duration of Melo's prime.

11. Nuggets4

Wow. Bret Bearup, who has been THE brains behind the front office is no longer a member of the Nuggets staff.

I have no idea what this means, but I'm scared.

12. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

Things don't look for the Nuggets this year...too much turmoil.