1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear Courtney Lee Haters...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by C.Lee6thmanOTY, Nov 6, 2010.

1. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Again Adelman. Doesnt know his personnel again. Has to know Lee blows the very last possession of games in the fourth quarter so you dont go to him for free throws late. Again Adelman and his Alzheimer's at work.

2. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Lets see

1. Lee can dribble the ball
    2. Create off the dribble for himself
    3. Can defend well
    4. Does not gamble too much, if not .. at all
    5. Doesnt throw punches at the opposition
    6. Makes three pointers without taking too many attempts
    7. Made 9/9 free throws before missing two (9/11 is not bad at all)

well .. I like him a lot and he is better than Ariza.. Ariza was not a good fit for this team.. won't blame him for that though.. he needs to play off superstars to be efficient.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It's only bad when you miss them late in games.

4. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

:) Yep. I agree. i wil give him a pass considering the other things he did during the game. As of now, for the money he is paid.. he is pretty good.

5. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

many people here say Lee is unclutch..jeez...the guy gets paid $1,352,640 a year and u expect him to be clutch? Since when has this rockets team had a player that can be termed as clutch? our most clutch player is probably going to be AB who turns the ball over in crucial situations.

Lee played okey today except a couple missed free throws and turnovers that cost us the game..but without his scoring in the 4th quarter and defense along with other players, we would't had the chances to hang with Spurs untill the OT anyways.

6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

You just contradicted yourself there. You say that we shouldn't expect him to be clutch, and that our team doesn't have a player who is clutch, and AB might be our most clutch player, who himself is not all that clutch. Basically you just said that Lee is unclutch.

7. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

He is what he is. A great player for 47 minutes. Adelman is at foult for putting him in that situation. He shouldnt be your freethrow shooter. Scola should in that situation.

8. allforone

allforone Member

no hate on him so far.....
    dude's athletic , but way over-used in clutch time

and i watched one rockets game only so far.....

9. RX2012

RX2012 Member

exactly. that thread about him being cursed wasn't even a thread with a good argument. it was supposed to be sarcastic and shouldn't have even been the basis for the OPs argument in this thread. Jezus. :rolleyes:

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Its okay, people are only slightly pissed at Lee, but we realize he is doing a lot of good things

Just imagine this board if Ariza was still on the team and we are 0-5.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm pretty settled on the fact I like Courtney Lee. And I really like the fact someone named themselves after him for ccfan posting. good luck with that.

too bad he seriously choked away our first win.

I love him too. But that was a serious choke.

12. acjeitherocket

shouldve made those 2 FTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

end of story........

13. koopa

koopa Member

Yeah he isn't a curse...put it simply, he sucks. Rockets replaced ariza with lee..and apparently ther's a huge hole left without ariza.

14. dcfma

dcfma Contributing Member

It is a shame that he missed those 2FTs. But someone like Shane should
    have been shooting them.

On the positive end, some of our other guards could learn a thing or two
    about defense from him.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

THIS.

Everyone blames him for missing those freethrows, but without Lee, Ish, Scola, and Hayes' effort out those freethrows would not have mattered.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe, we don't know if AB and Kmart might have had the team in a better position to win.

I like Lee a lot, but he has to hit at least 1 of those FTs....even Chuck Hayes would have hit ONE !

;)

DD

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

From what I've seen so far this season, they wouldn't have. They've shown poor late-game execution, and Parker (one of the best mid-range shooters in the league) would've had open jumpers whenever he wanted in the 2nd half if Brooks were guarding him.

But since you'll focus on the word "might" (which makes anything possible), do you think that if Jeffries were given minutes, he "might" have channed his inner Olajuwon and willed us to victory?

18. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

From what I saw on Tv last night Lee was beaten up on himself mentally for missing those shots. He does not need any help from us.

We had plenty of chances from regular time and overtime for quite a few of our esteemed players to win the game. Remember the last 3 shots at the end of the game?

There has been a lot of stars including Magic, Jordan, Walton Dream, and many other stars that missed a free throw that could have iced there game. Nobody called them chokers. To say Lee is a jinx or choker is absurd.

19. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

i approve of this thread...alot

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He's a good player, but definitely cursed. Morey need to explore hiring voodoo priests to get rid of it.