1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

YAO is done

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Charles Jones, Nov 3, 2010.

Tags:
  1. 9495

9495 Member

Whether he is done or not, Yao should be of HOFer for the contributions he makes to the Rockets team, the game of basketball, drawing numerous fans to the NBA, and bridging the two cultures of China and the U.S.

2. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

i have no doubts that he will be a HOFer... just for the humanitarism stand point.

3. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Your mom is done.

1 person likes this.
  4. PeppermintCandy

Not dissing Yao but I don't think he deserves a HOF spot just because he's a popular international player. He has to prove himself on the court.

5. mortiki85

mortiki85 Member

Wow, send him packing after 4 games of coming back from haven't played basketball in a year...give me a break, these are the kind of fans that make me sick. The dude played real well, 15 pts, 5 rbs, 2 blocks, missed 1 crucial rebound, and you're ready to say get rid of him and give the starting C job to J-Hill. I'm a huge Hill supporter, but no way can he start for 78 more games, because he just isn't that consistant, the effort and huslte are there, but not the consistant play. Maybe you should wait for at least half the season to be played before you say he's done...and if you can't count, that's 37 games away!!!!!!!!!!

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think the 24 mins. a game will be re-evaluated soon and discontinued. It's getting way too much negative press.

7. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

If Yao can't play more than 24 mins a a game and no back to backs by the end of the season, then yes he is done.

He will be no more and no less than an above average backup center. If the Rockets can re-sign him this offseason for that then we have our backup center for many years to come.

8. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Replying only to give this thread a 1-star.

He looks better than he has any reason to be. I'm very encouraged by his first several games.

9. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

I don't think you can really tell how well he 'bridged two cultures' until after Yao retires. If we starting seeing more Chinese players in the league, or if the NBA continues to stay popular after Yao's retirement, then yes. If everything dies out, then I'm not sure that that makes his career HOF worthy. Additionally, if he is followed up by 7'4" plus centers who play significant roles, then he might be remembered as the first and earn HOF that way. I don't think that will really happen though.

I don't agree that Yao has to prove it all on the court to be HOF, but it certinly isn't all based on humanitarnism either.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I agree. I don't care what culture you stand for no success = no hall of fame.

11. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Charles Barkley?

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

If he hasn't progressed by the playoffs, that may be true. Way too early now, but certainly good reason to hold off on an extension. Unfortunately, it looks like the team is going to struggle finding out.

13. 9495

9495 Member

Success is not solely judged by statistics - how many rings, how many wins, etc. - ultimately winning is also a number, since so many of you agree that statistics are overvalued...
    Success is equally about hardwork, perseverance, being an ultimate teammate, a class act on-and-off the court, a role model for the children, a good ambassador for the game and your native country, and bringing memorable experiences to the fans - win or lose!
    Enjoy the process guys! Don't be too judgemental. That's my advice coming from another culture.

14. shioew

shioew Member

exactly!

15. cavevato

cavevato Member

Took his team to the finals and was an MVP. Also won gold as part of the Dream team. Yao?

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Did you just Compare Yao to an ALLTIME GREAT WHO WAS A LEAGUE MVP, carried the Suns to the FINALS and is one of the greatest rebounding forwards of alltime. This is now borderline insanity.

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He probaly was'nt old enough to watch Sir Charles in his prime.

18. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

Yao homers don't want to believe thread title, it's unimaginable for them. Has this guy ever been healthy for a FULL season. I guess some of us were expecting the Chinese Olajuwon back in 02. I kinda was lol.