1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UPS problem

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Nov 3, 2010.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Go after your friend with a vengeance on your plate!!!

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's crazy that someone else opened an account in my name and can make me pay for something like that. It's stupid. They should have some verification or proof that I am that person.

3. NBAHOU713

NBAHOU713 Contributing Member

If UPS does not have your social they cant report anything to a credit bureau.

4. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

As far as UPS is concerned, you're the scumbag. Pay up. They're not interested in the drama between you and your friend. You shipped it, you pay.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

wtf? I didn't call UPS, open an account or arrange for pick-up. I didn't sign anything. I just left a box in the lobby that he had left at my place.

What gives UPS the right to come after me?

6. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

my bad, sweet lou. I originally read that you'd set up the account and shipped at your friends request. Someone opened an account. I suspect it's your friend? I've always had to 'have an account' before shipping stuff. Call, and write UPS stating you never authorized the shipment under your account and asking them for evidence of your order.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I think he called in and gave them my info and then told me to just leave it in the lobby and not worry about it. I didn't even know he was using UPS. I guess he was saying he was me.

The guy is a friends ex-husband who actually runs his own company. Can't believe he's be so cheap as to dump this on me like this.

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Sounds like this guy's a major ass but unless you have proof that it wasn't you that opened the account I don't really think you have any recourse.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You can pay or get your ass beat or you can pay and get your ass beat :grin:

10. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

when you say they are *now* coming after you because he didn't pay -- did they originally send the bill to him? If they originally sent the bill to you, and you accepted it (by not disputing) you're probably hooped. If they sent it to him, and are now coming back to you as 'shipper' just because he didn't pay, then you have a stronger case.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I don't know, I moved and it took a while for the mail to catch-up. I got an invoice on Sept 2nd and I called him about it - he claimed he paid. Then I got another invoice Oct 2nd and he said he will take care of it.

Today I got a call from UPS claiming it was going into collections. I explained that I never opened an account and that I can provide them the information of the person who did. They said it didn't matter since they had my name and address and I am the shipper.

So I guess I am screwed. Word to the wise, if you ever do something like this as a favor to someone, make sure your name is not involved.

12. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Pick a stance and stick to it. You either accept the responsibility or head on down to your local PD and file a identity theft report. UPS doesn't care nor should they. Its not their responsibility to open up an investigation into your personal affairs. Your buddy screwed you, not UPS. Tell him he either pays or you're going to claim identity theft....or just pay it.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Turns out my friend did pay UPS but UPS made an administrative mistake and finally just acknowledged that they received payment but never credited the account.

They apologized but are having trouble reversing the late fews and are not sure what to do about having already sent it to a collections agency. They are suppose to get back to us tomorrow.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You are lame.