1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jermaine Taylor will be the odd one out with Dampier coming in

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Oct 29, 2010.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

A second-round picks costs nothing except the opportunity lost down the road. The future is now-- Jermaine Taylor. Wish we would keep him but I see the dilemna. Our defense is poor.

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

I wonder if this is all some plan where they traded Ariza for Lee because we needed to free up space for another SF and because we needed to replace Jermaine Taylor, who we needed to trade to make room for Dampier, who we needed because we were trading some of our bigs for the SF above mentioned.

3. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

DM is one patient SOB.

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Whether it's 13 teams or 5 teams or even 1 team. If your goal is to get Dampier because you think you really need him you make a deal. Plain and simple if they really believe Dampier is the answer they find a way already to make that deal!

Either they don't think Dampier is going to make that big a difference so they can hold off until they find the best deal for JT or they are having second thoughts about Dampier or there is something bigger they are trying to workout.

What is it I don't know. But I don't believe for one minute they are just waiting for the best deal for JT. That's just stupid... if they really want Dampier they find a way to make space for him. If I am Dampier's agent I say "hey fu@k them let's look elsewhere. Unless there is nothing left elsewhere because he is trash. Is that it... if Dampier is a supposed to be such a better option than Miller and Hill but can't find one team to offer 2 mill for one year you have to wonder if he is even worth that.

Of course Personally I would trade JT anyway... He will never get a minute of playing time here this year. ANd then I would sign Dampier to a 10 day contract and see how he would never take it but he is worth more than that and Morey really believes that than sign him already. Dump JT and sign him already!

Everything in my gut says this a management decision and not Adelmans. If it's even true. has Morey announced we are signing Dampier. If true than Les is pissed he paid all this money on Miller at Adelmans suggestion and they don't even use him against the Warrios. I saw that in his eyes. So he calls Morey with his knee jerk reaction and says get me somebody to backup.

As for Morey being patient. I would agree. But that is not always the case. Once he got word that european teams were making real offers to Scola he closed the deal. He is patient to an extent. In this case he risk another team signing Dampier from underneath us. Unless, unless dampier is so pathetic no one wants him. if that's the case do we really want him.

#84 Old Man Rock, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  5. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

Well I have a theory as to what is going on. Personally I think that a trAde is looming , you know why? Because it is taking so long to sign damper and jt. Why take so long if its just that how come we havent seen Hill or Jeffries play that many minutes so far this season? Why is that guys? What do you guys think?

6. DaJet

DaJet Member

[​IMG]

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Brooks, JT and filler for Iggy.

I would do cartwheels should this happen.

8. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

If Brooks goes, who can hit a jumpshot from the point guard position?

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Courtney Lee.

10. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

I think right now it's just let's listen to the best teams and see what they have to offer for JT.

Morey is a sly MoFo though, and I would not be surprised if a storm is brewing and he is bout to pull of a big trade.

If JT is not gone by Wed. Night for the hornets game, I know either we don't want damp or we want to keep JT *crosses fingers*

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

A pg who knows how to run a team and is able to play defense is more valuable to this team. We already have a lot of players who can score.

12. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

Maybe its because we are trying to trade 2 for 1 or 3 for 1, either packaging JT or keeping him...

13. DaJet

DaJet Member

Having Lowry and Iguodala in the same lineup is a scary thought.

The idea is to have a playmaking wing fit in with a scoring pg and vice versa.

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

The pg you just described is Rafer.

We need a pg who can do all that and consistently hit midrange jumpers.

15. koby1868

koby1868 Member

I just read on NBA AM on hoopsworld, http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=17790, probably not a credible source that Josh Smith might be available from Atlanta. They are looking to free up money because of Joe Johnson and Horfords contracts. I think we have enough expiring contracts to make a good trade for them. He'd be a beast with us.

16. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

17. DaJet

DaJet Member

JT is right, they should let him know soon.

This is when a player develops, and JT isn't getting any playing time whatsoever.

Morey is one patient SOB, sometimes to a fault.

18. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

JT might be going nuts, but I'm sure he realizes he is just lucky to be in the NBA. The NBA doesn't need him any more than it needs Von Wafer. Hopefully, he is using his money to open a McDonalds every year, rather than blowing it, thinking he'll be around for many years.

Yeah, I think DM is trying to do something bigger than JT for a 2nd-rounder. I think he is going after a deal that he could have had all along, but one that he hoped would get better in time. If he can massage that deal to his liking, he pulls the trigger. Otherwise, he settles for that 2nd-rounder. Dampier's people were told up front that it'd take a week or so to settle things.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Why don't Jermaine Taylor just go talk to Daryl Morey or whoever face to face?

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

My intuition tells me this also. If Morey is taking on a larger deal, logically it would be moving some people at the 4, possibly 3, and getting players back at the 2 & 3. Keeping Ish & getting Dampier doesnt make it likely he is going to trade for players at the 1 & 5.