1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] The Amazing Race 17

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Treeza

Treeza Member

Had like....10 classes with Kevin in highschool...Clements High School...way back.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Non elimination legs are not as good as the elimination one.....but the dumb couple did a good job on the music and came up with a good plan for it.

DD

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Effin' Notre Dame won the leg. What happened? Did Kevin and his Dad get lost? They seemed to have a big lead going to the checkpoint. I wanted to see them win.

I would have whipped through that music challenge in 5 minutes, but I guess if you're not familiar with those 3 pieces, you're screwed. Those 2 roadblocks were 2 of the hardest I've seen in a while. I never could've done that film one. Notre Dame got REALLY lucky finding it when he did.

EDIT: It's a good thing he went to Notre Dame, or he never would have been able to find that film.

Looks like Kevin's Dad is doing the road block next week. Considering this week was a non-elimination leg, that doesn't bode well for them...

#63 ima_drummer2k, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They arrived at the pit stop area first but Kevin and his dad started running around the cathedral looking for the checkpoint. Kevin's Dad suggested looking in the park where the pit stop was but Kev thought they should look around the cathedral more. 2 teams leap-frogged them before he took his Dad's advice.

Kev frustrated next week. Looks like he couldn't keep up his sunny attitude now that he and his dad actually has a chance to win the whole thing. Something tells me he didn't expect to get this far in the race.

5. DaDakota

Are you guys watching the elimination station short episodes online?

They continue the adventure with all the folks eliminated...the volleyball girls are seriously competitive.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/

DD

6. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

I know you're a music major and all, but you didn't go to Notre Dame so I doubt you could have done it in 5 minutes. ;)

I was only familiar with two of the three (I slacked off in music history, what can I say?), but it amazed me that teams didn't take it one song at a time until the dunces at the end. Listen to one song, find the one song. Listen to the second one, find the second one.

7. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Also, I was amazed more players didn't look at the pianists hands while they played. Even if you don't know a thing about playing the piano, watching the timing of their movement would help you differentiate the notes you're hearing.

As my wife and I watch this show, we always call challenges, as if we were competing. Anything involving heights, she always says "Mine!", since I hate 'em and she loves 'em. Last night, during the music challenge, as soon as she saw pianos, before they even finished describing the challenge, she said "Yours!" Like ima_drummer2k, I was a music major, and currently work as a music teacher. I woulda made that Detour my b!t&h.

8. likestohypeguy

PERFECT. That condescending attitude toward his dad served him right this week; or at least they edited it to appear that way (I'd be surprised if it actually cost them a rank).

But the old man said it about 5 times- let's look in the park, I think it's across the street in the park, over & over, & was dismissed. Let's just do a few more laps around this building before I even consider what you have say. You're old & weak. Probably not thinking straight. I'M the youtube star here.

:eek:

9. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Teams have to have do the roadblocks 50/50. So if one member is doing a lot of the roadblocks now, the other one will have to do a bunch later (if they even make it that far). Kevjumba's dad probably needed to do a roadblock the past two weeks while they were comfortably ahead. I think it's going to bite them in the end as the race progresses.

10. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Disappointed to see Kevin and his dad get eliminated from the race, but it was deserved after they failed to obey the directions.

Nick's a POS -- he's always criticizing Vicki, calling her a "dumbass" or a "moron." I hope they get eliminated soon.

Both of the all-girl teams look strong, but I see the television personalities taking the title. The blonde is a babe, and she seems like she'd be wild. I'm rooting for them and the daughter-father team.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Ironically, it seemed Kevin made the mistake that eliminated them this week (not following the rules).

On the team that got got 2nd to last place, that guy is a total douche.

12. MourningWood

Florida meathead, self-entitled Notre Dame prick, and that whiny emo Nick are all douches.

My money's on Brook and Claire.

13. DaDakota

Where was the Speed bump?

The ....not very smart...couple finished last.....in a non elimination round, where was their speed bump?

DD

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That's a good question. That is a pretty big task to edit out of the show. Remember when they left the tower they were hand in hand with the Doctors who came in first to the Road Block after they walked back to get their bags and cab. I have a hard time believing the "not so bright" team were trying to find a cab for that long to cause them to come in 4th to the road block. Maybe that was when the speed bump occurred.

Has this ever happened? Amazing Race failing to show the speed bump. Only been watching a couple years.

15. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Surprised teams don't do a good job reading their clues.

16. MourningWood

Wow, very good point. That didn't even cross my mind.

17. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I was wondering the same thing yesterday but figured I was off a week and it was last week.

18. Htown's2kFinest

yeah wth was up wth that? the tattoo couple came in last on the other ep. and they didn't get penalized???

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'm watching Elimination Station and those two volleyball chicks are STILL whining about getting eliminated, lol.

It also seemed like Michael didn't even want to be in the race. It would have taken a minor miracle for them to win anyway. Michael is just too old and out of shape. Kevin is definitely by himself one of the stronger players (besides the ignoring instructions part). If I recall correctly though they did walk to the place but they just followed their cab on foot. Unless there were more detailed instructions I don't see how they could get penalized. All it said was they had to go on foot and they did that.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Phil even stated that you cant pay a cab and follow on foot. They broke the rules twice. They followed a cab to the tower AND took the cab to the castle thingy. The QVC chicks realized they weren't supposed to take a cab to the castle thingy and went back.

Volleyball team is hotter than I remember. Oh and they are terrible losers. Being competitive doesn't mean you have to be complete jack asses in defeat.