1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to trade Yao: His impact isn't what it suppose to be

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Oct 30, 2010.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Let him win a title for Houston, then trade him.. He's not going away that easy after being here for at least 8 years making a name for himself.. Who do you think he is, this guy

...[​IMG]

2. chill8

chill8 Member

It's ridiculous that you ppl blame the loses on Yao, who's only played three 24-minute games since 2008. Why didn't you post this two years ago right after his injury?

And you honestly think trading Yao would increase AB's BB IQ and make RA more of a man to make the substitutions when he's supposed to?

3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I can't believe some people voted this a 1 star thread...Yao's limited minutes have been and ARE killing this team. If he's going to breakdown while playing NORMAL minutes it would be nice to know before his contract is up. He's made his millions, it was his decision to play for China over the summers and overwork himself. I'm sure he thinks his injuries and screwing over the Rockets was totally worth it just so his pathetic chinese team could qualify for the olympics or whatever. I don't think the Rockets should give him anymore money. I'm sure some other team will get suckered into giving him a contract and ^*ck up their chemistry so their owner can make some quick money on chinese mechandise. After over a year of rehab, a whole preseason and 3 games...only 2 which he could play....I still say we need to get rid of him and get someone...even if it's just a steady average player and some good draft picks so we can worry about the " HOUSTON ROCKETS" getting better and not Yao Ming.

4. boby

boby Member

I said this before and let me say this again:

The current situation is purposely created by this team's management. The goal is to reduce the bargain power of Yao for his next contract, some kind of retaliation because Yao didn't accept the Rockets' last year three year offer.

There is a huge different between playing 24 minutes and playing 26 minutes, but certainly not physically. But the Rockets insist this ridiculous 24 minutes limit, why not 25? Because 25 minutes is larger than half of the game time already.

The Rockets organization is playing fire here. Most likely they are going to end up with burning their own asses. They don't realize one simple fact here: the dude doesn't need the max as money, he need it as sign of respect.

Either playing the dude or release him!

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Best thread ever, in opposite land....

Seriously? Does anyone realize the reason we have players like Chase is because of Yao's endorsements? The reason we have money is because of the great Yao. So yes, let's trade a great player and a cash bringing asset. Good job idiots.

6. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Wow that makes perfect sense...we must not trade a player who brings in cash so we can *gasp* be a better team. :rolleyes:

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

We have Chase because we drafted him and Yao is'nt a " great player" anymore. YOF'S like you only like to bash and belittle the Rockets and everyone to propup their great Yao..

8. CoolStoryBros

CoolStoryBros Member

9. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Of course not but he just came back from a 15-month layoff if you haven't noticed. :rolleyes:

10. supdudes

supdudes Member

smhidayseoac

(yseoac= your stupid excuse of a comment)

11. Felece

Felece Member

Playing for China is pretty much a must if your Yao. He gets so much

critisisms for letting his DAUGHTER have American Citizenship since she was

born here. Yao Carries 1.3 Billion people in China where as theres not even

1/100th of that number of rockets fans so if he was healthy he'd have to

play as hes pretty much the sporting Icon for China. He would give up

500 championships to win China a medal in the Olimpics.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Considering the feelings of people in China is STUPID of the Rockets.

They should consider what is best for the team, not another country.

Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

DD

13. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Trade Yao? Sure. :rolleyes:
    If the team...
    NM.

I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven....

14. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Trade Yao because he's limited to 24-mins?? Why don't you trade Yao's doctor for making dumb decision!! He's the one that hinder the Houston's progress why saying we should limit him to 24mins when Yao appears healthy and play all out.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

NOBODY WANTS A FRAGILE BIG MAN...

We're going to get crap in return.

16. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I disagree, keep Yao he is progressing well.

We all knew we had to be patient with him, too many minutes could get him hurt and then how would we feel? Just like we have in past seasons when he went down.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Olajuwan all over again :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Olajuwon?Olajuwon was'nt a injury prone center coming off 3 major surgeries and looking like his movement had been decimated. Back then he was out of form to a deegree.

19. CoolStoryBros

CoolStoryBros Member

When I awoke, I spent it on a necklace

20. supdudes

supdudes Member

And where do you draw the line...in that case players should care what's best for them (salary, nice beaches, convinent entourages) instead of their team, and teams shouldn't give a flying **** about the feelings of fans.

Another thing, as much as I agree with your views about how Yao should decide for himself and such...No one should dismiss the feelings of 1. frign three billion ppl as nothing. Yao is as much, if not more, a "property", if you must use that term, of China as he is of the Rockets. What's not to say that I can't just say "Ooo opinions of Texans is STUPID"?