1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

24-minute limit on Yao messing with the team's identity

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LCII, Oct 30, 2010.

Tags:
  1. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

and continuity on the court.

I know this limit is team imposed, unlike T-mac's play every other game deal in 2009 (or was it 2008?), but it's having the same effect.

Generally, it just causes our perimeter players to play like dumbasses.

2. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

My proposal:

Either extend Yao's limit to 30 minutes so we're primarily a half court team or have Yao come off the bench and be a running team

3. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

24min is BS we need him for like 30 min a game if we want to win games this 24 min crap does not really does not help us much f u RA

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Bring him off the bench.

5. amaru

amaru Member

That and the fact that we can't defend anybody or hit 3s

6. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

You mean shooting 3-19 on 3pointers is Yao's fault too???

7. YaoTheMan

YaoTheMan Contributing Member

can't agree more

8. Mr. Space City

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

But the other team gets a layup drill when he is not on the floor.....

Maybe with Dampier you could do that.....or we could do that by starting Jordan Hill.....

But playing Chuck Hayes at Center....man....that is screwed up.

DD

1 person likes this.
  10. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I CAN NOT believe they don't even start Yao in the 2nd half...wtf. The Rockets management are fking r****ds. It makes me want to wish the Rockets losing now...just to show these a-holes how pathetic is the decision.

As I said before, there is no way you can compete in the game with limited Yao's minutes. Not only you messed up the team chemistry, you're giving hope to every opponents that play US. They're licking their chopsticks whenever they don't see Yao in there.

1 person likes this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Rep for you.

12. DouggYsTyLe06

DouggYsTyLe06 Member

But they arent even asian

13. NBAlover

NBAlover Member

yes!!!!!!!!!!

14. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Not every game is going to be easy because this is professional basket and games are often very close....so you can't have Yao not playing in close game situtation.

Tonight's lost have something to do with Adelman playing so-so players while the Denver Nuggets putting starters in there. You have Chuck Hayes trying to make a comeback while you're down by almost double digits?? What kind of coach would do with the talents that we have?? The smart team are trying to win knowing Yao is not there and what did Rick Adelman do?? Stick with the same crappy players even after a time out...unbelievable.

If i am Yao Ming, i would start to speak up and say just let me play the damm game already...enough of this bull 24-minutes crap.

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

"fu RA"? What is that? Adelman doesn't have anything to do with that time limit. Those are doctor's orders... he's as frustrated as anyone, I'm sure.

16. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

US = us (not U.S.). Learn to recognize language!

17. Hball

Hball Member

Rockets actually loss five straight games if you include the last two games against dallas and san antonio :( ... we need yao to play without restrictions or not play at all.

The random rotation cause's the team to play 2differrent styles, I think thats what's affecting brooks also because he has to look be a scorer with him on the floor and a distributor with him.

18. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

It is really unfair to the team and coach.

Dont play Yao a single minute until he can play like a normal player. :eek:

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He needs to start. Bring him off the bench,if he can't handle it. He was scoring quite easily. The 24 min limitation is making him ineffective.30 minutes should be all right,since he isn't playing back to backs.

20. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Is Yao going to die if he play MORE THAN 1 FREAKING MINUTE?? OMG!! Everyone is making fun of this decision already from Barkley to NBA analyst....this is ridiculous. Yao is FINE ALRIGHT!! He looks healthy, run up and down with problem...just let him play the game already.