1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Stern is power hungry..

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Pieman2005, Oct 27, 2010.

Tags:
  1. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

Lol this guy

2. Egghead

Egghead Member

Why would Rondo want to wear it upside down anyways?

3. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

I can see how people can see this as a power hungry move by the NBA/Dictator Stern and honestly at first glance, I thought it was. Then, thinking about it, it does makes sense. NBA is still a business and anything that has the NBA logo should be worn correctly (and in an upright position in this matter) by it's employees (players) since they are representing that brand/company. I don't think anyone's employers in here would appreciate their employees wearing the logo upside down or in any awkward and wrong position.

4. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Why not?

It's just a headband.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

*Praying that he gets shot*

6. Mr. Space City

we got guys with 945890780738043790840593486 tattoos.

cant get more unprofessional than that.

7. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

this is sports...it's entertainment, not some stuffy office. stern's rules are almost as ridiculous as the time record companies were going to drug test the artists on their labels.

8. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Jim McMahon showed everyone how you handle this type of situation:

[​IMG]

How long before we see some "Stern" headbands?

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Instead of all these little rules, he should have one big rule, "Wear your uniform correctly." Then just fine all the guys who find ways to make the league look sloppy. As dumb as it is to make a rule about how to wear a headband, it is even dumber that the league has to make a rule about to wear a headband correctly. If the players would just grow up, this wouldn't be necessary.

I went to a school with a uniform as a kid, and I was a dress-code rebel. I was always getting in trouble for untucked shirts and missing belts. And I'd find loopholes in the rules to make the uniform look sloppy without breaking literal rules. But, I've grown up since then. I don't have to rebel. I have an office job. And, I tuck in my shirt, wear a belt, keep my shoes nice, cut my hair, and look presentable. It's not such a huge sacrifice in the end. Rondo's 25 now; he's old enough to do likewise.

#29 JuanValdez, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  10. Prince

Prince Member

I know Stern is but the this particular issue is about respect and being decent.

and it's common sense.

11. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Teen?

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Has anyone else noticed how sloppily same players are tying their shoelaces? Completely unprofessional.

13. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

What if they wear a headband with the logo printed upside down, but the headband is right-side up?