1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 112, Rockets 110

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 27, 2010.

1. lon_1023

lon_1023 Member

we have to find a way to get the rebound..though lakers is one of the best rebounding teams..

and our execution at the last moment is just ulgy..why lay up with brooks..
    i expect some jump shots..and why not give martin a try..he is vey good at catch and shoot....

2. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Good game? These guys pull the same crap every year. When is it gonna be time to say stop choking 4th quarter leads and go get someone who can close in the fourth?

3. startah

startah Member

tough Loss.. but il take it.. happy to see yao back even its only for 24 mins but do we have any exemption to that rule? can we put yao for the last second in a crucial game?

4. Treeza

Treeza Member

Let's look at the positives:

Scola Played badly, Battier Played horribly Yao was rusty; Lost by ONLY 2 points to the defending champs

Kyle Lowry WILL BE BACK

Brad Miller looked good as a backup, great pick up

Turnovers will go down as chemistry comes back up.

This team will improve, we showed the champs we can hang, they went up by 8 in the 4th and we fought til the end.

5. MikeMania

MikeMania Member

Brooks looked like he had enough room for a dunk. At least if he attempted it, a good chance he would've gotten fouled.

6. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

Lucky you, now I have to face the consequnce for watching the game and not studing. I might be able to sleep 2-3 hours tonight. :mad: :(

7. perfectweapons

The negative was we played like dopes most of the game. All we did was shoot the ball well and that was about it. There was no extra effort, no hustle, no heart til the end.
    The positive is we played that bad and still almost won. :)

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I definitely expected to lose before the game started, but they toy with your emotions. They had control of the game up until the third quarter was closing, and when they whittled it to 5, you knew (at least I felt this way) it was going to end well.

It was a good game, an exciting game. It doesn't get much tougher in the West than a road game against the Lakers. But as good as the Rockets looked in the first half, they were a different team in the second.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah there wasn't time for a pass. I didn't like the way the play was called though. I would have had Brad Miller pass it inbounds, with Brooks, Martin, Battier, and Budinger all running around the perimeter, and whoever gets open gets the ball to take a three for the win. Designing a play to throw it into the paint against the Lakers' trees is a bad move--it plays to their strengths and our weaknesses. Especially when that's just for the tie. You go for the win.

10. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

I'm glad the Rockets are back in action and I get to see them play in 81 more regular season games.

11. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

Bad defense on Brown and Blake in the 4th.

Martin and Brooks are our best offensive assets, but they really need to play better defense.

12. DouggYsTyLe06

DouggYsTyLe06 Member

Who the hell is AM?

13. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Lol, the knee-jerk reactions never cease to amaze me. I don't understand how people can be this dumb.

14. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Rockets have a healthy Kyle Lowry, we win this game. Brooks was simply too tired at the end and was atrocious on defense at times.

15. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

6. We are tied with the Miami Heat. :grin:

16. Mr.TripleDouble

I'm still having trouble grasping the fact that Steve Blake & Shannon Brown torched the Rockets behind the arc.

Blake's one-handed shot put to give the Lakers the lead for good makes me sick.

& if Adelman thinks he can continue to roll out Brad Miller & Chuck Hayes out there as the back up bigs, the Rockets will continue to allow offensive rebounds against almost any opponent. I love the Chuckwagon for what he is, but the fact of the matter is an athletic big needs to be somewhere in the rotation in order to prevent nights like this from becoming a common occurrence.

17. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

You don't get calls with 2 seconds left, it rarely ever happens.

That last play was horrible by design, just like usual because Rick is horrible with his 4th quarter plays.

18. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Noobs, that last play by Brooks was called by Adelman. He took an extra dribble when he should have just gone straight to the glass.

I knew the Rockets were going to lose at the half. How? When Cheryl Miller was interviewing K-Mart she asked him about the TO's and he said something stupid like "We're ahead by 11, so if we can get a 2nd half like the 1st I'll take it."

19. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Most of the game Scola played dreadfully during the most time but picked up towards at the game finished. :p

20. perfectweapons

Is it just me or is Battier (Mr. Intangible) lost all of his intangibles? I mean he throws the ball away, get out of position on defense, and shoots terrible shot? Am I the only on seeing this over the last year?