1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers forum on Rockets: Don't Sleep on Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by underrated015, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

At 24 mins a game Yao fouling out will be down on the worry chart

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not a bad bet HP, but I would be worried that Adelman does not have his rotation set yet....12 NBA rotational players are hard to keep happy.

DD

3. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I'm interested in seeing Jeffries role on the team this season. I personally like him as a player as he typically plays strong defense and contributes well offensively.

I'm also interested to see if we have a hated player on this team. In the past we've had Ariza, T-Mac, and Rafer Alston who've given us ample reason to vent and scapegoat them after losses. Perhaps its human nature for fans to single out one player for the bulk of their ire when things dont go as expected, and I suspect this season that AB could take on that role, either as a result of inflated expectations stemming from his MIP award, or from the many fans who've criticized his ability to play the point gaurd position.

4. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Everyone has their own personal scapegoat. Mine is Patrick Patterson, because I think he's overrated, whereas I don't think many other Rockets are overrated, so if they do not perform great, I would not be surprised.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There most likely will be; it could be Yao, it will most likely be Brooks.

Every sports team known to man has a scape goat. Most fans feel like they need to blame losses on someone or something.

6. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

He isn't here, but everytime the Rockets lose, I will still blame T-Mac.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Ironically, I think it's more likely to be Jeffries than anyone else. Adelman seems determined to make him a solid part of the rotation, so he's going to be on the floor quite a bit, at least early in the season. Jeffries will have a lot of chances to blow layups and bounce treys off the rim, which he developed a rep for in New York, fair or not.

8. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Who is overrating a rookie drafted in the middle of the 1st round before he even plays 1 minute in a regular season NBA game?

We might see some fans get frustrated with Hill when he gets 10-20 minutes backing up Brad Miller on back to backs.

Might also see some hate when our backcourt gets torched due to lack of size.

9. mFt82

mFt82 Member

I will blame the Chinese government for overworking Yao's delicate frame for many years.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What? There isn't 12 rotational players at start of season. That's what my bet is about. Adelman will start with the same rotation as last year, except Lee, Yao, and Miller will play. Lee is offset by what's his name getting traded. Yao and Miller mean Hayes gets less minutes, and Hayes won't complain.

Patterson and Ish won't play at the beginning....sry Ish.

At start, I see Lowry, Lee, Bud and Miller/Hayes. Jeffries and Hill will have to prove it. But with Yao playing only 24, we have extra minutes at center, even with Miller.

I don't see this logjam thing. But yeah, over the course of the season Coach will be evaluating Hill for sure and getting him in there, and playing Jeffries for defensive length. Patterson is a long shot for play early in the season and Ish is 3rd string...sry Ish, love you but ... patience.

bottomline: my bet is for the 1st game of the season. not really understanding why you say we will have disgruntled employees effecting my bet.

1 person likes this.
  11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I've seen too many posts saying that they look forward to PP being a contributor, even being backup PF :eek: . I think he will be this season's Jermaine Taylor, and essentially not contribute AT ALL.

12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

That sounds like a 10 man rotation for the Rockets. I agree 100%. That is more than probably any other team in the NBA. But I expect to see the Rockets routinely run 10 guys out on the floor every night, except back to backs, when Yao will not play. On those nights, the Rockets will in many cases go deeper into their bench.

13. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

T-mac is the reason we have Kmart, Hill and picks now though.

14. wyo-ming

wyo-ming Rookie

he's right they need not die in a plane crash ,but they could have a season ending injury&have to watch the rockets on a big screen t.v in the hospital

15. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

T-Mac is the reason Yao broke his foot.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I like your bet, my only worry is dividing up the minutes.

I hope Adelman can do it effectively to avoid any angst.

To me, I like to see an 8 to 9 man set rotation, but this team has 12 legitimate NBA rotational players.

Brooks
    Shane
    Yao
    Martin
    Luis
    Lowry
    Budinger
    Miller
    Lee
    Hayes
    Hill
    Jeffries

That is a lot of guys who can compete and play on an NBA level.....who gets left out and will they be ok with that?

Either way, with all these injuries, we might need them.

DD

17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

fixed it for you, JA.

#77 tmoney1101, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  18. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Hill, jeffries, and hayes seem to be on the short end of that stick, but this is the Rockets we're talking about so when the injury bug bites their time will come.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Don't overthink this. I agree 8-9 is right....for the playoffs. During the season, 9-10.

Coach agrees with you, I'm sure. Let the players rise to the surface.

if you were Coach, would you be saying to yourself, "Oh my god, I'm freaking out, I don't know how to keep everyone happy."

bottomline: are you Julie McCoy