1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cousins: bust or star?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by roslolian, Jun 3, 2010.

?

How will Cousins end up playing as a center in this NBA?

1. A star-he'll be one of the top C's in the league

134 vote(s)
    44.5%
  2. A bust-he'll be the next coming of Eddy Curry

73 vote(s)
    24.3%
  3. A roleplayer-he'll be next Erica Dampier or Zaza Pachulia

94 vote(s)
    31.2%
  1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

That's nowhere near enough to get either Cousins or Igoudala.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Cousins bust or star?

What about.....Decent NBA player?

DD

3. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

i depends, i think that if his weight doesn't affect him in 3-4 years he will definitely be a star... but who knows

4. dropshot001

dropshot001 Member

i think that if he is able to keep his weight in check he will be pretty awesome (barring massive injuries of course). he is talented and big.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think star. His weight could be an issue, but I see Tyreke Evans as more of an issue...and I was a Tyreke fan before last offseason's draft and still think he is good, but if he doesn't learn how to pass he will limit that team's chemistry.

Cousins has a lot to learn, of course, but he is big and skilled, and seems like he's hungry (haha...no pun intended). His play in the summer league has certainly been impressive, but his end of game play last night was even moreso. Wanted the ball, called for the ball, confidently made a move and sunk a 10-15 foot one handed semi-hook. That was a tough shot.

I think he should be able to get 20 and 10 easily, at some point, and may be able to move towards those 25/12 type seasons at his peak. Shaq, Hakeem prime numbers? No...but in today's NBA, very very impressive.

6. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Turner was great in college but so far has looked pretty poor in summer league. He has average athleticism at best, so he'll have
    to adjust to the NBA. I don't mean to say I think he'll bust.. But between the two, Cousins has looked much better early on.

Philadelphia already had Iguodala and no reliable low post scoring threat -- they very well may regret on passing on Cousins even if Turner comes around. Turner and Iggy seem redundant to me, but we won't know for sure until November.

7. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I think Philly made a big mistake in not drafting Cousins. They needed a center more than a foward and I think Cousins is better at his position than Turner is at his.

Turner is not gonna be Brandon Roy.

I like this lineup better:

Holiday
    Iguodala
    Young
    Brand
    Cousins

than this lineup:

Holiday
    Turner
    Iguodala
    Brand
    Speights

8. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

This! Not to mention that Cuz probly would've helped light a fire under elton brands ass. I guess maybe philly thinks they can flip iggy for a solid center if they need to.

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Plus he looks and talks like Steve Urkel.

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Just because I expect a big man with weight and conditioning issues to be injured, doesn't mean I hate him. I expected Greg Oden to be injured, fairly quickly also. I expected Oden's to miss around the same number of games as Al Jefferson, because he was lighter than a guy like Curry or Yao.

11. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

From watching Cousins play in the summer league, the guy has Star written all over him. His post moves are a thing of beauty and his passing ability is truly something special. I wouldn't be surprised if in 1 or 2 years his being talked about as one of the top center's in the game!

On side note, I really hope we strike gold with the 2011 NY pick and find a young center to put under Yao's wing, to develop and groom so he can one day take over at 'Center'. Sadly, the 2011 Draft isn't rich with center prospects like the 2010 draft. But it does have two legitimate Center prospect in the 'lottery' portion of the draft in Enes Kanter(6'11) and Jonas Valanciunas (6'10) hopefully the Rockets can get their hands on one of these young center prospects!

--RB

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

You know, if the Phillies owner didn't back out at the last minute, I'm pretty certain Morey moving to #2 would've taken Cousins, or then work a trade with NJ or Minnesota to swap Turner/Cousins.

Perhaps in a parallel universe, this thread would be about 100x longer and in GARM right now. ;)

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

or the hangout.

"Hey, Cousins...what's up?"

Which would confuse the hell out of the Clutchfans in Arkansas and Tennessee.

DD

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Hey BetterThanEver, I'll let you buy out of our bet for $10, just because I'm feeling generous. Favors has looked worse than dog****, while Cousins is putting up 20 and 8 in 22 minutes. I'm not sure Favors could average 22 minutes without fouling out. Looks like Cousins has a top 2 ROY votes locked up, between him and Griffin. It was really a joke of a bet to begin with, just admit to my superior basketball knowledge and be done with it. ;)

#114 CXbby, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  15. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I am taking it all the way to the end, man! Haha. I am still on for $20. I am still convinced that he will be stud material by ROY voting time.

I'll take my lumps and put in your $20, then, if Cousin gets more votes. :)