1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Five seconds left on the clock who should have the ball Aaron or Kevin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BEAT LA, Oct 16, 2010.

?

Who should have the ball with five seconds left in the game?

1. Kevin Martin.

100 vote(s)
    28.4%
  2. Aaron Brooks.

252 vote(s)
    71.6%
  1. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I don't hate Brooks at all. I fully acknowledge that he's a good scorer but I also don't overlook his weaknesses and pretend that he's an elite PG like some.

If the fact that I'm going to be truthful about what a player can and cannot do well makes me a hater then ok, I guess I'm a Brooks hater. Of course that would pretty much make me a hater over most every player in the league.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Here he is against Kyle Lowry before the trade:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZvsR64GMdNs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZvsR64GMdNs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Here he is finishing off the Sixers:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BxMRIFbETlY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BxMRIFbETlY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Here he is beating the Celtics on a drive and kick out to Wafer:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dOtV9zatazk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dOtV9zatazk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Lots more in last year's highlights.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NcDgL5iykDo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NcDgL5iykDo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

He is the guy that HAS to have the ball late....and he is getting better and better at it....

DD

3. DaDakota

No one said he is perfect, or elite, but he is the best option this team has, by a LONG shot.

And he is getting better and better, don't you agree?

Nice late finish in the PLAYOFFS:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0iShcYDLCTo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0iShcYDLCTo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

DD

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. aelliott

Memphis was a game winner.

Sixer game they already led by 3.

Boston game assist is with 47 seconds left.

So now we have 2 game winners. Where are the tons of game winners that you mentioned?

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Its not even close to me. He's is the only guy who can create off the dribble. Late in games or during runs, teams need that. Martin can't shake loose to do that and the refs aren't calling fouls. Brooks just need to continue to use the pull up.

7. DaDakota

Oh stop, not all game winners are right at the buzzer, you are just being obtuse.

I look forward to all the evidence you post about your guy.

Ready...GO !

Cue the crickets...

(chirp, chirp, chirp)

DD

8. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

thank you

9. aelliott

Nobody said that he's elite? Would you like me to dig up the quote where you said that you thought he was better than Chris Paul? Or any of the quotes where you keep talking about giviing him time to develop into a superstar?

10. DUHK

DUHK Member

I think this is the most valid point. Refs won't call the fouls Martin will draw. We saw last season that AB didn't get those foul calls when he drove.

11. aelliott

Who's my guy? I don't continuously overhype my current 'guy' like some.

So when the topic of the thread is "Five seconds on the clock"...that's not end of game?

12. DaDakota

You know what, that would just kill you if he developed into a superstar wouldn't it?

He is the best player on the Rockets, and you can just see the confidence in the guy, and his teamates trust.

His passing has gotten MILES better, he makes incredible passes now, very good court vision, his drives and shooting with either hand are such skillful moves.

The guy may not be a Superstar, may never get there, but he is a star already, and getting better and better.

I am sorry that bugs you so darned much....

DD

13. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Chuck Hayes :grin:

14. DUHK

DUHK Member

But don't you remember Aaron said that he learned not to drive at the end of games? After he shot the ball with 2.9 seconds left at the end of the Denver game, in his interview, he said that he learned that game against Dallas not to drive.

15. DaDakota

And Yes, I will defend him until all the doubters RECOGNIZE how good he is....

May take a while and thousands of posts, but you guys will get there.

;)

DD

16. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

You've seriously stated our post outta context to take attention off your idiotic view that we should trade him for a more "conventional" guard (Kirk hinrich :rolleyes: ). Nobody said he was a elite player, but if your not getting an elite player back then there's no need for trading him

17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Aaron Brooks without a doubt. He is clutch. The only problem though is that big physical defenders in late game situations give him a hard time if he can't drive past them. Overall though, I would say Brooks is the best option at this point.

This isn't really because Brooks is really good. Kevin Martin just isn't as good at getting his shot off as I thought he would be. He's a system player. Luckily he fits Adelman's system perfectly. But to pretend that he can carry the team in a 1v1 situation near the end of the game is a bit of a stretch I think.

18. allforone

allforone Member

definitely K-Mart
    either creating a foul, or for a clutch shot.
    Aaron doesn't have the physical advantage, and is too short to be not blocked.

19. aelliott

Please show me any post in the history of this BBS where I've ever advocated trading Brooks for Kirk Hinrich.

For that fact, please show me any posts where I've suggested trading Brooks and not getting an elite player in return.

20. DUHK

DUHK Member

Wow.. This is just crazy. Why are you trying so hard to depreciate what Aaron accomplished?