1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is Jermaine Taylor?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JVL713, Oct 10, 2010.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I'm pretty sure i read the Chronicle report that Taylor's option for the 3rd year will be picked up by the team immediately before the regular season starts (along with Hill/Bud).

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This team is built on injury insurance. JT is certainly still in the plans of this team for the first half of the season at least. Come February, I am postitive a trade will go down that will package some players together to upgrade the team for either the playoffs of to make room for young talent development.

This all depends on how the team looks through the first half and how Yao is holding up. If we can make a run, the young assets might be let go to have a better roster for the post season, if Yao goes down and it doesnt look like the Rockets will be a true contender then some of the veteran players will be let go to make room for our upcoming draft picks and young talent IE Jermaine Taylor.

For JT right now its sit and wait and see how the team does and that when his number is called he needs to be ready.

3. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

That's a mistake by Jonathan Feigen.

Both JT's and Chase's contracts (which are basically identical) do not require the team to pick up options on them until AFTER the season. Remember, they are NOT first round rookie scale contracts.

Actually, there is technically no "team option" to pick up on those contracts next summer. The third year of each contract is non-guaranteed so long as they are waived prior to August 1, 2011. So, the Rockets would either waive one or both of those players or simply do nothing and keep them on the team.

As for the fourth year of each contract, there is supposedly a screwy provision where the Rockets have BOTH a team option AND the year is non-guaranteed if the players are waived prior to August 1, 2012. This basically makes the exercise of the team option a given, since the Rockets will get an extra month to decide whether to keep the players.

So, in conclusion, Feigen screwed up. The only players whose options MUST be exercised this month are Courtney Lee and Jordan Hill.

4. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Man, everytime I think of a 2-guard I see those 3 nasty highlights Lee had against the Pacers...

Anyone have the same problem?

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Yes, because we could possibly waive 1 year at 781k!

:rolleyes:

6. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

damn i thought jermain taylor was gonna be our von wafer replacement, and downgraded version of d wade? guess not :(

7. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I hope the Rockets management don't Joey Dorsey my homie JT. No!!!! not JT!!!!! :mad: :( :mad:

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

whichever university it was that gave him his journalism degree screwed up.

9. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I'll never figure out why Jermaine Taylor gets so much attention. He is a marginal talent -- barely a 13th or 14th player who could move up to 11 or 12 with an injury. Remember, Adelman likes to play Brooks and Lowry together at times and Budinger can slide over to SG if Martin or Lee got hurt.

Taylor, as shown in summer league play, can be rendered ineffective because defenders know he is starkly left-hand limited.

10. University Blue

What?!?!?!! (and another !? for emphasis) There are only two players I would be disappointed if Houston / Morey traded:

Martin

Budinger

11. wyo-ming

wyo-ming Rookie

100% c0rrect the talent is there don't sell short

12. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Bima you have to admit Ish has passed him up on the roster. If he wasn't under contract who would be fighting for the 15th spot and he wouldn't be a lock. Yes Adelman likes him but he likes Johson and Ish also. Ish is more valuable than Taylor right now especially when you consider the style of play Lowry has lends itself to injury... So if JT was not under contract he would be battling against Johnson for the 15th spot.

It's true Lee made that possible. But JT plays at one speed, sometimes out of control, and doesn't either know how or want to splay d. Those are serious flaws in his game. Yes Morey likes him but if you really look at Morey's picks you will see they are not automatic.

Landry, Brooks, Budinger were not his picks. Yes they were on his watch but others had more of a say in those picks. His picks have been Dorsey Taylor and LLull. All of those guys have potential but not the successes of Landry Brooks and Bud. So just because he likes Taylor doesn't mean Taylor deserves a spot on this Roster.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Of course you could but guys at that level of the roster, if they are even, you keep the guy on the guaranteed contract.

Don't believe me? Ask Kelena Azubuike....

DD

14. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

This part makes no sense. Morey was the GM for all of those picks. Unless he attempted to veto those suggestions from his scouts only to have Les Alexander command him to draft those guys, then they are ALL his picks.

Oh, and Ish does look pretty good. But dude needs to learn how to shoot the basketball.

15. DaDakota

You talking about Lowry or Ish?

;)

DD

16. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Sucks that Harris always get snubbed by us every year

17. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

What are you talking about. That is the part that makes the most sense.

You should know it was Adelman who spotted Brooks and requested him. It was Adelman who went to Les and requested Cbud. Cd and some scout maybe Dean discovered Landry. Yeah they happened on his watch. So if you want to give him credit for them that's all fine. But the picks he made with his gut and his stats where the ones I mentioned.

His stats had him also pick Patterson safe pick. But the pick right after him, Larry Sanders is outplaying him in every way so far. There's nothing terrible with all his picks but if your being honest his moneyball system hasn't delivered the gems. It's been Adelman and scouts. And my point is just because Morey likes him doesn't mean he deserves to stay. Again he is the 15th guy on the roster IMO and if he didn't have a contract he wouldn't be a lock. Alexander is more valuable IMO and if I am the coach and Taylor is not under contract I would be hardpressed to choose between the 2.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Where is this coming from?

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i dunno exactly from where, but i remember reading/hearing the same thing

20. DaDakota

They have talked about all of that stuff in OMR post......

DD