1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

California Governor Signs mar1juana Decriminalization Bill

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by GladiatoRowdy, Oct 1, 2010.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

If somebody is too stoned/drunk to drive and crashes into someone else, then you punish the stoner/drunkard for crashing not for being stoned/drunk. Who cares why the person crashed (unless the reason excuses them)?

2. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

That's not the point, if a police officer sees a person swerving violently through 3 lanes of traffic and they're not drunk but stoned, how do you legally define them as unfit to drive? They need to be charged with a DUI just like a drunk would be. The question is how to quantify what is equivalent to blood alcohol levels.

I mean I can't comment on the matter because I've never smoked weed, but surely after 1 blunt you aren't an unfit driver, but if you're baked as hell you shouldn't be driving, no? Where's the defining line is what I want to know.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

This is a crime even if you are not under the influence of any drug. It is called reckless driving.

4. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

indeed, but the punishments for being under an influence are more severe.

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

If you are baked as hell, you don't *want* to drive.

tallanova or whatever your name is, if you need to know G-Rowdy's drug war views, check his older posts, he has wrote pages adn pages on the subject over the years...It aint terribly difficult to find.

6. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

but what if you're out of munchies? :confused: :p

7. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Pretty much.

8. GladiatoRowdy

9. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

1. The second I sit into my car under the influence , then yes, I have to be held accountable for my actions and prosecuted accordingly. At this point, others are affected.

2. People are busted under the influence of all kinds of substances all the time, to answer your question. Behavior is documented and blood/urine tests are performed. I saw this many times working the ER during my clinical rotations.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

As long as my surgeon is not taking a few puffs out back with the tobacco
    crowd before I go under the knife.

Rocket River

11. GladiatoRowdy

There are already prohibitions on drinking before surgery, I can't imagine allowing a surgeon to have anything much stronger than nicotine or caffeine before taking a knife to someone.

12. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Domino's, dude....

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

In the sense of drugs, perhaps. Though I don't totally agree with that as an absolute, depending on its usage, severity, and perverseness . I can cut off my right leg cuz its my body my rules. Buts thats not anything others should consider personal liberty. All it takes is a couple really convincing people that believes they're doing something for the betterment of humanity to start advocating it onto others.

14. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Hippieloser is on a plane to Cali.

15. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

LOL I'll say this and most will agree with me. When you drink alcohol and drive you become more daring which leads to taking risks or not paying attention. When I smoke a spliff, I'm constantly at attention and being extra cautious. The only reason weed has been illegal is because of public perception and the money the government wasnt making off it. Now they can collect their 100 dollar fines and not spend the money on prosecuting people who don's deserve to be. I'm moving to Colorado in about 5 years. California sucks.

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Lets ask Portugal how decriminalizing drugs went for them...

17. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

NEWSFLASH: You're high. You think you're paying attention.

18. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

Whoever is asking for hardcore drugs to be decriminalized either shouldn't be entitled to decide because they are users or someone who has never used who is comparing it to weed (which it totally harsh and not tubular). Weed is way safer in doses than alcohol and cigarettes any day. Weed decrimnalized. Drugs illegalized. Drugs are bad mmmkay?

19. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

BREAKING NEWS: Some people can handle pot better than others and aren't complete noobs like you. :eek:

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Weed is a strange thing.
    Do you treat it like Alcohol . .. or like smoking?

Well . . I guess it will be somewhere in the middle
    cause you won't be allowed to smoke weed in the klub :)

QUESTION: Does this mean that someone can walk down the street smoking his 1 ounce of weed?

Rocket River