1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Brad Miller's not missing anything

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. AggieRocketFan96

I'm more worried about his conditioning than anything.

3. SHANK

SHANK Contributing Member

Solid, solid pickup with Brad. He may never replace Deke in terms of my fav backup C of all time but certainly can elevate above my second fav in Charles Jones. We will enjoy the performances from the C position this year.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

I really like that he knows RA's system. A guy who will shut up and just do work for us and has been around for a while. Will help us in the playoffs. (By beating down on our opponents with his hard fouls) :cool: :cool:

5. yaomingyaoming

You guys are being a bit premature about Brad Miller. He could be effective or he could turn out like an old aging washed out dud like Brent Barry.

But please do not compare him to Deke Mutombo. Mutombo was the SHHIIIET defensively! I miss the ole cookie monster! Brad Miller wishes he had 10% of Mutombo's defensive ferocity!

6. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

he's certainly not "missing" camp.

7. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

After Deke, my 2nd favorite backup C was and always will be the Chuckwagon.

8. SHANK

SHANK Contributing Member

Definitely with you about Deke, but I think Miller's got a couple of effective years left to play, esp. as a backup playing 20 min a game. As a Sac King with Adelman, Miller was a perfect center for the offensive schemes they were running, averaging something like15/10/4 assists per.

Defensively he's no slouch, likes to pound and frustrate his opponent at every possession. The problem is he's slowed down a bit, so let's hope he can run and keep up with the opposing center first.

Just saying that we loved Deke for the bursts of defensive dominance he gave us, but we'll love Miller as well.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

What about Charles Jones?

10. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Anybody who is only 5 inches taller than me and plays against 7 footers on a nightly basis is great in my books.

11. texascityman31

He's a youngster man. C.J. was doing his work for the rockets when this guy was 5. Not his fault.

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Brad Miller is done. At least the Brad Miller we know. Has anyone been watching him the past few years? He's a low-efficiency midrange shooter at this point, not really more effective than David Andersen. Joakim Noah made more plays from the high post than Miller, so it had nothing to do with Chicago's system. He's another over the hill veteran that'll give us nothing.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Actually, his numbers in the 2nd half of last season was better than in the first half. So apparently the hill he's going down has some twists and turns:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3305/splits;_ylt=AtmJLMHTDqpdZTwCp3BemEtSPKB4

14. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

This was strictly Adelman's bromance of Miller. Morey had nothing to do with this.

15. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Miller's fine. He played well he 2nd half of last season. Adelman and Morey both are fine with Miller.

16. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Thank you, Clutch. Great read. Not the typical BS from ESPN or beat writers.

I'm thrilled that our team is filled with youth, age and wisdom. We are a high-iq team. That's a great asset, even more so than talent in many cases.

17. Raven

Raven Member

Aren't many teams with decent back up centers. Deke had us spoiled, but now we're back where most teams are. It's just a fact of life in the NBA, and explains why so many seven foot scrubs are able to stick around as long as they do.

18. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob.

[​IMG]

19. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

You really think Morey would have gone after Miller w/o Adelman's blessings?

I could tell the body language in that presser by Morey was like " Oh jeez, can't believe I just did this", after Miller said he can't run anymore. Morey is usually estatic in the pressers like when he aquired Martin and Lee.

Morey would have gone after Chandler instead.

20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Nice read!

thanks again Clutch! :cool: