1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks contact Rockets for draft picks...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Sep 26, 2010.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

More Morey magic! ;)

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Not true.

Per 36: 18.3 - 10.2 - 2.3 - 2.0

And extrapolated numbers overestimate real production more often than not.

I don't share the major interest in Randolph that others do on the BBS. He strikes me as a watered down AK47 (in his good years). Almost positionless, but not in a good way. I don't really see how he fits in a Rick Adelman system.

I'm a little more drawn to Gallinari and his ridiculous shooting.

Personally, I hold onto the picks. I'd rather see who we can pull in from the draft. Giving them either pick will significantly hurt the value of the other if they bring in Carmelo.

3. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Realistically, the Knicks DID get something. Something intangible.

That something was a slim chance of signing LeBron, then they blew it but that got nothing to do with us. So it's all fair and square, no one should complain or have nightmares about it.

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I like Gallinari's shooting but his back problems scare the bejeepers out of me. McGrady Part II.

I can see the AK-47 reference to Randolph. However, Randolph has an added dimension that AK-47 doesn't have. Randolph can take the ball end to end, find guys and finish with the ball. He's on a different level offensively than AK-47 is.

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

If ak-47 hadnt had the recent injuries and wasnt didnt have the big contract, he is a really,really impactful player in any system. He's better than any 3 the rockets have right now and that a fact. Think about ak-47,josh smith,and randolph as the same kind of players and tell me that guy wouldn't be good on the rockets. If you can get randoplh for patterson or a pick, do it.

6. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I agree that they're all similar in their playing style.

But they are all best at the PF position.

Go back and look at when AK-47 and Josh Smith were at their best (playing at PF) vs. when they were much less effective (trying to play at SF).

I just don't see Randolph as a competent NBA small forward.

7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Didn't i tell everyone when the melo stuff popped up that denver wants to dump nene and start over? Thats why favors is so enticing to them because he can play the 5, they dumped the high paid nene and martin and his 17m is expiring.

8. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

how much is nene?

9. megastahr

or how much is his contract i mean...ugh

10. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

^^

Over 9000.
    (love the sig)

11. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

hes got 2 yrs left at 10 mil/ per....and he may not see the court til the all star break this yr due to injury

12. megastahr

ya the code didnt work so i gave up lol

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

fwiw

samickAOL

Assume he's talking about this(?)
    http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/09/27/knicks-relish-carmelo-anthony-trade-hiccups/

14. Thanos

Thanos Member

Stay away from Nene. He is a wuss, injury prone and has no heart.

Believe me, I know, I'm from Brazil also.

Don't think for a moment that he has cojones like Scola does.

Nene (baby) hasn't grown thm yet... if he ever will. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  15. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure I would want Chandler....I've seen him do somethings but I'm not sold.

Denver is pushing very hard to make sure they get the best deal which they should. My issue is Denver is causing a lot of distractions because they can't decide which way to go. Pre-season is next week and it's time for them to wrap this up.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yeah, Randolph is 2 times better at PF than SF or center.

17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I am a Chandler fan, he could be something special with some time but would have start at the three. It would be VERY intriguing and create an interesiting 1-2-3 in Brooks, Martin, Chandler.

Morey still after Melo, huh. I still advocate that Morey probably told Denver, here is our deal now go out and see what you can get and if you can get something better let us know and we can work with it.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

We want Randolph. Also, IMO, Randolph>Galli and Chandler.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Good find. Not sure why the Rockets would deal a pick for Chandler. Not that Chandler is a bad player. He's good player, but limited in certain ways (not the best shooter from longer range, for one thing, and not someone you throw the ball to and ask him to create offense). About at the same level as some of the other "good" players the Rockets have in the rotation already.

Adding more depth in terms of "good, but not quite star potential" guys is not exactly what the Rockets need now. Might as well just keep the pick and see how it goes. (And if NY is indeed trading Gallo, AR, Douglas and Chandler for Melo, that would be one depleted team. An injury to Melo or Amare may very well cause them to suck badly).

20. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

STEIN_LINE_HQ Source with knowledge of DEN-GSW discussions regarding possible Melo deal describe them to ESPN.com as "brief talks going nowhere."

STEIN_LINE_HQ Warriors not unlike Sixers. If Melo won't commit to an extension -- and neither of those teams think he would -- can't give up good assets

WojYahooNBA Dialogue has picked up today in four-way deal that would bring 'Melo to Nets, league executive tells Y!. "Some momentum again," source says.