1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Collier is Second round material!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3, Jun 28, 2000.

1. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I cant even say how shocked I am. I hate rudy for doing this stupid deal. I just dont even want to talk. WE waited the whole year for JASON COLLIER!

So who do we draft next year with the first pick?

Rockets look like they have the worst team in the nba.

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

2. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I see the Iverson 76ers all over again with Stevie.
    Man this sucks.
    I don't think I have ever agreed with Lhutz, but at least today rudy does suck.

Yeah

Right!!!

------------------

3. DUDE

DUDE Member

Did you see Stern's face when he was announcing the deal? Yeah, there were boos because it was Przybella, but EVEN Stern couldnt believe we blew it this badly..
    I too, for one day, will agree with Lhutz and say RUDY T SUCKS

------------------

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

So a ninth pick in the draft determines whether or not this team is the worst in the NBA or not.

Jesus guys, it's going to be just fine. We aren't the worst team in the NBA. We're going to better than last year.

If you were pinning your hopes on the #9 pick, then you were fooling yourself big time.

------------------
    "Go to hell Costas"-Dave Nelson after sweeping the ABSCAs on NewsRadio

visit www.swirve.com

5. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

RM95-
    Don't you think we could have done just slightly better than Collier & a pick somewhere between 11-29 next year?
    I was a tough enough season to be horrible and now for us to trade for a draft pick for another year away. Frustrating.

------------------

6. DUDE

DUDE Member

Sure we will be better next year than this year but it wont have ANYTHING to do with Collier.
    And do you honestly believe we are better WITH COllier than we would have been with Przybilla?

------------------

7. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Im just sitting here thinking how stupid the rockets are. JASON COLLIER!?!?!

I dont care , I dont like Jason Collier. He is slow and doesnt impress me at all. Francis use to dunk over his ass all the time in college. Im just in shock how the rockets can screw up the biggest day for Houston fans.

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm not saying I'm all for the pick, but it won't determine the outcome for next season at all.

You've got 100 people in the chat room wanting to kill Rudy and Carroll for picking a white guy and then trading for a white guy.

People should just chill the crap out. Who the hell knows what Collier's going to do next year? He may surprise us all.

------------------
    "Go to hell Costas"-Dave Nelson after sweeping the ABSCAs on NewsRadio

visit www.swirve.com

9. who?

who? Member

I guess it won't determine us next season, but you can understand the disappointment. This is a huge blow because with the nine we could have a solid nba starter. Instead we've got a second round player and a pretty poor pick next year. Unless we move this pick on I've lost the logic of it all.

------------------

10. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I'm sure Collier will be a superior player.

In the CBA.

But honestly I loved the pick of Pryz, I think he will be a solid NBA center, especially since the C position is so week currently.

------------------

11. DUDE

DUDE Member

I couldnt care if they traded for a Brown or Orange player.
    What I do care about is that we got fortunate that Przybilla was around at #9 and then we traded him for a guy that was second round material at best. And we get a pick that will be WORSE than the #9 we had this year.
    Doesnt make ANY sense at all to Me or apparently ANY one else here.

------------------

12. kissofdeath

kissofdeath Member

right on Rocketman95 -- i don't think the rockets are done moving yet

------------------

13. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

we passed over a potential future star in moiso for greg ostertag with a jump shot.

what the f#%#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is rudy showing white pride?!?! why!?!? just tell me why!?!?! we dont need him!!!!!!!

unless they r pulling a miraculous trade for maggette or fizer i am so pissed

the LAC had a better draft day!! they r looking like geniuses right now. they have studs at every position and all they did was give up one lousy draft pick!!

------------------
    --TEX

14. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Rocketman95,
    True that. But you have to be feeling the let down. I mean after months and months of speculation and anticipation. I mean a season down the drain. What do we get. Freaking Jason Collier. Hell yeah I am PISSED. I think each of us Rocketfans have a right to be.

This has got to be one of the dumbest trades.

------------------
    Vice President of the Austin Croshere fan club.

15. alaskansnowman

You never know what Rudy and CD got planned out... we might trade Collier.

I would've rather had Pryzbilla though.

------------------
    treasurer of the moochie norris fan club

16. booshan

booshan Contributing Member

this sucks. a wasted opportunity with a top 10 pick. maybe we'll do better next year at #9...

------------------

17. BobbyWarren

BobbyWarren Member

nbatalk.com said that the word is that the Rockets are working on shipping Collier to Indiana in a sign-and-trade for Austin Croshere in August.

I think that we should wait until sometime during August before we begin to place judgement on any of the moves we've seen tonight from the Rockets. I personally have faith that Rudy T would not blow this draft as badly as it would initially seem.

Afterall, what would a Rockets offseason be without us waiting to see what moves will be made post-draft?

------------------

18. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

To be honest with you I would rather have selected Alexander and risked losing Mobes.

lkjkjlhkjhdsakjfhsadkjfhaskdjhflkjsadhflkjsah
    IM PISSED

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

19. WiNK

WiNK Member

Francis3,

why do you got to be so down on collier??!?! I mean in practically every post i have seen lately you are practically declaring him the worst thing that has happened to the rockets. At least give him a chance to suck before you go off and practically proclaim him the next matt bullard of the rockets! [​IMG] The way I see it, I think that we can move Collier over to PF and leave Cato at C. and we could have a mini twin tower set!!! [​IMG] Maybe thats being a little bit too optimistic but i think that Rudy T. made a good decision considering what players he had left to choose from.

You can say (which in fact i wuz saying for awhile during the draft) that we should have drafted moiso. But in the end you end you end up w/ a player in collier that....

A: Rudy T. said ran the floor well which is important in our offense

B: Has a very good outside shot (which works excellent in our offense)

And C: Has good size which is good to have when you other power forward is only 6'8

Moiso may have seemed like the way better pick but i think that if Collier brings his game, then rocks could have found a very good pick, for the PF/C, to work in our offense.

Thats just my opinion though so take it how you like!

[​IMG]

------------------

[This message has been edited by WiNK (edited June 29, 2000).]

20. rocketholic

rocketholic Contributing Member

Seems like the Rockets are working to build up there bench. Interesting, wonder what deals are roaming around.

------------------