1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fox Sports] Duane Brown suspended for 4 games

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rikesh316, Sep 21, 2010.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Do you consider Minnesota Central? And it's not about geographic location when it comes to smug journalism.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also the next 3 of 4 games are at home.

3. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

Obviously your northeast and my northeast are totally different.

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Um, yes. Minnesota is as central as you can get - basically the hub of the upper Midwest. I've never heard anyone once even imply that Minnesota is a major market, or in the northeast.

5. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

Well I know I would say Minnesota is a fart in comparison to New York, Boston and Philadelphia in terms of relevance in the znortheast or nationally.

6. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

Missed that one Cat, lol.

7. Major

Major Member

Santonio Holmes? Pick the Jets or Steelers - either way, that's not a particularly small fan base. Antwan Odom is also a bigger name than Duane Brown - I think he's appealing though.

They don't suspend without evidence, you know. Maybe only a few are stupid enough to get caught. If it really was an accident, it could be avoided by not putting stuff in your body if you don't know what it is. It seems like an extremely simple solution that works for the vast majority of the league.

8. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

This.

This is really the best time in the schedule for this suspension to happen, an appeal would just delay the suspension. I'd imagine the Texans advised him this way too. 3 of 4 at home, only road game is in Oakland, then we get Brown back for the Indy game.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

While this is major, I really don't think it's as major as some of you are making it out to be. Butler has always had Kubiak's confidence, and Salaam knows the system, so he'll be able to step in and contribute right away. DeMarcus is a BEAST, and chances are, even if Brown had been in the game, he's going to make an impact on the game regardless. It's just a matter of minimizing that impact. Also, as others have said, this is really the only point in our schedule where the word "soft" COULD be used, with 3 of the next 4 games at home, and no division games. 2-2 or even 3-1, and I think you would have to deem the Texans season at the bye week a complete success up to that point. I really think the Texans just told Brown to take his lumps, and serve the suspension without too much hub-bub, and come back ready for the Colts. As far as all the conspiracy stuff goes, I just don't really know what to think. It's obvious that more than just the guys that have been suspended probably DO steroids, but I'm sure some just spend WAY more money than others on taking measures to not get caught.

Also, Reeko, you implying that Minnesota is NOT central has to be one of the most asinine things I have ever heard from you in regards to the Texans (and the NFL in general).....lol. Just kidding....I'm just giving you a hard time.

10. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

Same game plan as against the Colts, pound the ball! Keep Dallas Off. off the field and run to the right side. I think we are going to see more of a 2 TE set this week as well. A. Foster is going to have a huge game. Leech to the pro bowl!

11. verse

verse Contributing Member

Does anyone here think Brown is good enough to handle Ware single coverage? No?? Me neither. Point being, the TEXANS were going to provide help for the left tackle regardless of who was startkng for us. The loss of Brown will be mitigated by the help we were going to provide anyway.

12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Any details on when he failed the test? Awfully quick and efficient turnaround if this failure happened this season.

That's 5-10 yards spared from penalties though.

13. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Really annoying but what can you do. Butler is more than capable and at least Brown will be back after the bye to crush the Colts!

14. junglerules

junglerules Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but for you to get a public suspension, this has to be a multi-time offense, right? So, it's not like it's some freak accident/ lab switcheroo where the Texans are getting screwed.

So silly to hear the conspiracy theories out there. Who are these people? Well, a list of the other players missing time this season due to PEDs.

Santonio Holmes, Gerald McRath, LenDale White, Shawn Nelson, Johnny Jolly, Hollis Thomas.

Oh wait- 7 of the guys (including Cushing and Brown) are from the AFC! IT'S A CONSPIRACY TO GET THE NFC TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL AGAIN! WHAT'S THAT? THE SUPERBOWL IS BEING PLAYED IN AN NFC CITY? FURTHER PROOF!

Easy, dudes....Texans are good. But they are not the target of some Goodell conspiracy. That s**t is just dumb.

15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I never heard of a private suspension.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Thought it was a one time offense, get caught again then it's a suspension for the year.

I think Cushing's camp was saying he failed the test once and only once.

17. Breaker

Breaker Member

These suspensions *are*

Ok. There's a poster on this forum that's is stalking me and correcting my grammer through the Rep system. Funny thing is he's giving me green rep in the process. This has happen twice already!

Whoever the grammer Nazi is, reveal yourself damnit! So I can.. errr... give you thanks?

18. Breaker

Breaker Member

There's a poster on this forum that is stalking me and correcting my grammer through the Rep system.

There. I corrected myself before someone else could. I'm not perfect damnit.

1 person likes this.
  19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Wow, this sucks

20. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member