1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Regular Season Predictions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Now that we have a little clarity as to Yao's situation, it brings up more questions, yes, but also provides a base from which to launch some predictions about the coming season.

In this thread, I want to hear ANYTHING Rockets/clutchfans that you folks see coming down the pike this season. It could be a trade, a final record, how certain Rockets are going to perform this year, or prognostications of moronic posts like this one.

Now, I'm going to attempt to get this going.

2009 - 2010

I'm going to assume we're at least picking up a slab of meat and play the 5 by committee up until the deadline.(maybe longer) I hope for more, but that is my assumption.

Yao staying healthy is obviously a major concern and we all hope he makes it through with his limited minutes.
    In the meantime we'll be slugging it out over 82 games with plenty of back to backs.
    From what I've read, the regular season is going to be tougher than most
    believe.

Going into the deadline, I see us needing a go to guy..or a top 6 or 7 player. And having the assets to make the deal.
    I"m also saying Yao makes it this far without reinjuring that foot.

So at this point I'm thinking we're back half of qualifiers in the West. (and the board is tripping out)

The Rockets make a deal for Carmelo without giving up Brooks or Martin.
    I'd like to see Anderson too, but that's probably too much to ask.

After working through chemistry adjustments we finish the year strong.

Say about 51 - 31

Over the course of the year ....

Kevin Martin shows us major game.........shooting 46% from 3

Aaron averages over 8 assists a game

Yao stays healthy....... :cool:

And Major Malcontent starts 15 polls (yeah,I guess that's the over/under)

Anyway, have fun with it.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think we'll win close to 50 (48-52 wins).

3. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

42-42 I think injuries will once again hit this team. No depth behind scola,not sold on battier,and martin is injury prone,yao no minutes hardly. Basically team is older than last year.

4. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

damn-it i meant 41-41 not 42-42

5. SHANK

SHANK Contributing Member

If Battier stays healthy, 52-30.

If both Battier and the "24 minute" Yao stay healthy, 58-24!!

1 person likes this.
  6. G-Money

G-Money Member

I'm going with a bold prediction and say....

82-0

7. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

If the team stay how it is right now I see us at 50-32 and barely make it to the play off.

Now, if we can somehow acquire a star before the trade deadline it'll be a whole different story.

8. Steve_Francis_rules

No depth behind Scola? Power forward is probably the deepest position on the team with Hill, Hayes, Jeffries, and Patterson all able to play the position.

Also, I'm pretty sure the season is not 84 games long. :p

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

48 wins with the current roster.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

y'all really need to consider the competition.....last year 50 was good enough to get the last playoff spots....generally speaking, you could flip houston and the suns, houston ends up with 54 wins....but take into consideration improvements by Dallas, OKC, clips, kings, and Portland...now there's hardly enough room to being with, so their improvement in the standings likely won't range by more than 1 to 5 wins, which probably puts houston back by that much of the 54 wins.

So i'd say 49-50 wins, but only because the competition will be tough...look for Denver, Lakers, SA, NO, and possibly Utah to take more L's....wouldnt be surprised if 50 wins gets Houston a 4 or 5 seed.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

12. Classic

Classic Member

13. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

About a week ago, I went down the schedule game by game and came up with 51-31. Then, I tallied up the home and away records and got 32-9 at home, and 19-22 on the road.

14. Raven

Raven Member

With Yao missing back to backs, I think 50 is ceiling with our current roster.

15. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

55 wins at best. But we'd be beast in the playoffs.

16. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I see us maybe getting in as the sixth seed some how, but I think that we'll all know that we're in for a throttling and the Yao era as we know it will come to an end. Once he's gone, we'll be able to land a star like Chris Paul and we'll all reminisce and think, "What if Yao was still here?" But he won't be the same player anymore if he's still here at all. People will start to call into question exactly what Morey's been doing and they'll realize that although he can put together good teams, his philosophy doesn't lure stars in any sort of way. We'll go titleless for another ten years and that will be all she wrote.

17. DreamRoxCoogFan

I predict that Yao will almost never play more than 24 minutes in any game during the regular season. I also forsee that he will not play both games in a back-to-back.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. Htown's2kFinest

if Martin shoots 46% from 3 next year I will get you credit and sig your quote, but don't see it happening. hope he does tho. that would be insane. also hope he picks up where he left off at the beginning of last season where he was averaging 30 a game and does it for the whole season :grin:.

19. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

53-56 wins.

20. hasan08

hasan08 Member

Great point that is exactly what I was thinking..

I think 50 wins should get you 4-6 seed